Posted November 19, 2021Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Under the direction of the Director of Public Works, the Public Works Project Manager is responsible for the management of construction projects, including but not limited to, new venues, minor or major remodels, office renovations and new construction projects within and tributary to the tribal facilities. The individual selected for this role is responsible for representing Public Works in planning, coordination and control of the projects from inception to completion with the ability to adapt to change and have the capacity for a sizable workload. This Public Works Project Manager must be able to work well under pressure and in projects that require a sense of urgency, in addition to ensuring the project remains on schedule and concludes successfully in a timely manner and within budget. The Public Works Project Manager also collaborates, initiates, and supports opportunities with other functions by championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribes vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversees construction projects from start to finish. Performs key role in project planning, budgeting and identification of resources as needed. Ensures that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
2. Monitors project activities by ensuring objectives are achieved, prepares written materials conveying information to Public Works management, and reviews a variety of construction-related information ensuring completeness of records.
3. Projects accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking costs and minimizing exposure and risk in the project. Monitors the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis.
4. Communicates effectively with contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project. Coordinates the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers.
5. Assists in developing specifications for construction, repair and modification projects for the purpose of providing them to architects, contractors, specialists, construction management firms, etc. for selection and awarding of contracts.
6. Supports department?s adherence to budgetary guidelines and quality and safety standards. Performs periodic inspection of construction sites. Inspects and reviews projects to monitor compliance with Public Works standards and requirements.
7. Serves as a key link with clients and reviews the deliverable prepared by team, in addition to ensuring project documents are completed and received by Public Works.
8. Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
9. Assumes other responsibilities, duties, tasks and assignments that contribute to the mitigation or response to public health emergencies.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, is now named Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel. Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort will debut in December 2021 with the addition of a 17-floor hotel tower featuring 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!