At San Manuel, Systems Engineers are the backbone of our Information Technology (IT) services, working on large-scale systems design and automating operational procedures to facilitate growth for the enterprise. Under the guidance of the Systems Engineer Manager, the Systems Engineer I is responsible for engineering, evaluating, researching, and implementing server and storage solutions that provide a long-term benefit for the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians (SMBMI). The Systems Engineer I provides engineering and design solutions that automate business processes and reduce human error, improve workflows, and increase technological effectiveness. This position advises and prepares proposals for the installation of infrastructure projects and guides system initiatives. The Systems Engineer I streamlines normal business operations through the development of scripts and code.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Engages with project teams to implement full-stack solutions and provides ongoing assurance of technology solutions through to discovery.
2. Engineers solutions for computer and storage systems to support the efficient operation of the enterprise and decommissions systems at the end of the service cycle.
3. Creates and maintains documented policies, procedures, and processes such as operational run books and architectural diagrams.
4. Troubleshoots any issues that arise with the infrastructure systems, including but not limited to, working with third-party vendors as well as other SMBMI team members.
5. Mentors and trains with other team members throughout the enterprise, seeking to continually improve SMBMI processes.
6. Performs incident, problem, and change management tasks (including but not limited to root cause analysis, request for change, and event/incident management).
7. Engineers and automates proactive monitoring of key compute, storage, and network systems, and engineers new capabilities to optimize the performance of endpoints.
8. Engineers and manages backup, restore and disaster recovery capabilities to continually meet the needs of the enterprise and meet or exceed service level agreements.
9. Performs on-call responsibilities on a rotational basis to support essential enterprise clients and emergencies outside of business hours.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!