Posted October 19, 2021Horseshoe Bay Resort
We are looking for an accounting professional to join our team!
JOB OVERVIEW: Accounts Receivable / Group Billing
The position will prepare all account billings according to company policy and procedure. Job responsibilities will include accounts billed within the standard time required, preparation of bill with all backup documentation attached, review statement before mailing to ensure accuracy and accordance with group contract, maintain complete files for all accounts and attend pre and post-convention meetings and meet with clients for bill reviews. Assist in all areas of the Accounting department including, but not limited to General Cashier and Income Audit Duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Group and Member account payments - create batch totals and deposit daily.
• Group billings - create Group Master Accounts, compile charges, check off all entries to original tickets and prospectus; make corrections for posting errors & service disputes; attend pre & post-convention meetings.
• City Ledger – ensure all accounts are at zero balances and charges posted correctly.
• Collection of receivables (Group and Member) – correspond with past due to the account holder to arrange payment; send dunning letters; compile data for monthly credit meetings.
• Credit Cards – process batches for settlement daily; respond to guest credit card disputes.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Background in accounting.
• Good logic, maturity, calculator by touch, typing, computer skills.
• Pleasant, ability to deal with public, sense of priority, self starter.
• Desire to be integral part of team, cooperative, take pride in a job well done.
• Must be able to inspect, catalogue and calculate.
• Interact and communicate effectively with internal and external public and by telephone.
• Must be able to comprehend reading materials, speak, read and write English.
• Supportive of other employees and a team environment.
• Must have neat and pleasant overall appearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.