Posted September 25, 2021The Opus Hotel, an Autograph Collection
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Crescent Hotels and Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Assist in the planning and management of the Lobby Lounge, In Room Dining, and other food and beverage outlets as appropriate in order to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service, compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
* Daily organizing/ planning and consistent evaluation of all Hotel Food and Beverage operations.
* Creating and maintaining a positive atmosphere for all Food and Beverage employees, while also providing preeminent guest service & satisfaction.
* Responsible for Food and Beverage expenses & that financial goals are consistently met and maintained.
* Training, coaching, and counseling of all Food and Beverage associates.
* Compliance and knowledge of all health, safety, sanitation and alcohol regulations and standards.
* Outstanding time management skills, creative problem solving, & excellent communication abilities both verbal and written.
* Working knowledge of MS Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
* Knowledge of Opera, Micros, PMS systems preferred.
* At least 5 years of F&B management experience - Bachelor's degree preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Must have a flexible schedule and be willing & able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed. Must be 21.
* Must have a current T.I.P.S. certificate and Food Handlers permit.
High end restaurant or bar experience required.
Hotel experience preferred.
• Monitor servers, bartenders, and food runners in the lounge adherence to all service standards.
• Supervise service of guests, being watchful of signals from guests in need of service.
• Establish and monitor duty completion.
• Maintain bank to Crescent Hotels standards.
• Read daily communication sheets from previous shift and prepare one for the following shift. Check floor plan for appropriate coverage.
• Check restaurant for cleanliness and set up. Check service stands and aisle areas. Check tables for cleanliness and proper set up.
• Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
• Communicate daily with restaurant manager with regard to special events, house counts, etc.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
• Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; and identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
• Assist restaurant manager in conducting menu classes and taste panels.
• Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The Opus, Westchester has a luxe residential flair, capturing the calm of a sanctuary retreat with a city soul and rich urban experience infused throughout the property. The new hotel will feature 146 guestrooms including 38 luxury suites and will be a central hub for the community, The property will be a warm and welcoming space with a social nature and modern appeal, featuring inviting open spaces, eclectic art and décor, authentic experiences, urban glamour and personalized services.