When applying, ask about our $1,000 Signing Bonus!
Do you have a knack for fixing things? We would love to utilize your talent at our hotel! The Hilton Columbus/Polaris is currently seeking a full time Maintenance/Engineer to help maintain our beautiful 254 room full service AAA Four Diamond hotel located in the vibrant Polaris community. As an associate of the Hilton Columbus/Polaris, you will also be an associate of Crescent Hotels & Resorts, one of the nation's largest and fastest growing hospitality management companies. The ideal candidate would be available to work 1st, 2nd and/or a mid shift and be available to work on weekends and throughout the week.
JOB OVERVIEW: Perform general maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality standards are achieved and maintained.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist with preventative maintenance and complete report work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc., to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality standard.
2. Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis (e.g., "room care").
3. Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
4. Assist in checking and making routine repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, pool equipment, HVAC, hand and power tools and general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
5. Service the hotel's pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
6. Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal" (e.g., snow removal, lawn care, painting, gardening).
7. Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures if needed.
8. Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
9. Exposure to extreme temperatures.
10. Operation of heavy machinery.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
12. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Climbing, reading, standing, walking and routinely lifting 25 lbs to 50 lbs. Must be able to receive instructions and communicate progress of work assignments.
Upon offer of employment candidates must be willing to submit to social security verification, criminal background check, and urinalysis drug screening. MVR checks may also be conducted if the position requires the associate to operate a company vehicle.
The company does not offer relocation for this position.
As an associate of the Hilton Columbus/Polaris, you will also be an associate of Crescent Hotels & Resorts, one of the nation's largest and fastest growing hospitality management companies. As a full time associate you will be eligible for partially employer paid health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as 100% employer paid life insurance at one times your annual salary available on the first of the month after 60 days of employment. You will also be eligible for participation in our 401K program after 6 months of employment, during monthly enrollments, with a match of 50 cents on the dollar up to 6% and a 5 year progressive vesting schedule. You will also accrue vacation and personal time each paycheck at a rate of 5 days of vacation and 4 personal days after one year (these accruals are based on the average hours you work.) After three months of employment you can begin utilizing any accrued personal time and after six months of employment you can begin utilizing any accrued vacation time. Full time associates also receive holiday pay for seven paid holidays a year. Every associate of ours also enjoys free parking and discounted hotel rooms within the Hilton brand and with Crescent Hotels & Resorts' properties.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
A spacious guest room with granite countertops, soft earth tones and rich dark woods awaits your arrival at Hilton Columbus/Polaris. Stay comfortable with a 55-inch HDTV, mini-refrigerator and complimentary WiFi. Our convenient location and complimentary shuttle within a 5-mile radius make it easy to get to Columbus attractions and the airport (24 hours advance notice is requested). Take time for the Papillon Day Spa, fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool.