Cotton Court Hotel is located in Lubbock, TX and is a pillar of the community. Our hotel is unique to the city and we are looking for outstanding talent to provide exceptional customer service to our guests. We are part of Valencia Hotel Group, a collection of hotels are created for today’s passionate traveler, each of our hotels are intentionally built to showcase modern design and classic character. We are looking for team members who are ready to be empowered to go above and beyond..
Our Room Attendant communicate with guests in a friendly and welcoming manner with a smile. Support and service the room attendants. Ensure the hotel is clean throughout the day Responsible for being knowledgeable about the hotel services and amenities. Provide excellent service to hotel guest rooms in a devoted and efficient manner. Able to clean assigned rooms while adhering to Company standards for cleanliness and appearance standards. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, cleaning rooms, vacuuming, making beds and changing linens according to our Green Policy, cleaning bathrooms and general organization of guest belongings and furnishings. Valencia Hotel Group is a growing hotel company and currently has 7 hotels across Texas and California.
Currently searching for day and evening shifts ranging from 7am - 3 pm, 3 pm – 11pm, and mid-shifts starting at as needed times. Employees will work holidays and weekends.
- Contribute positively to the team within the department
- Participate in on-going training
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times
- Provide friendly assistance in answering questions and offering information to guests
- Maintains good customer relations by keeping aware of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on telephone
- Follow checklist for required duties and timeliness. Complete all opening and closing duties.
- Communicate with all other departments to fulfill guests’ needs
- Ensure complete cleanliness of the guest room in such areas as the Entry Door, Closet, Minibar Cabinet Area, Bed/Nightstand Area, Desk/Window Area, General Room, and Bathroom.
- Maintain a 90% and above weekly audits given for Vacant Clean rooms and Stayover rooms.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Clean assigned guest rooms by priority and as directed by the supervisors and managers.
- Remove towels and change sheets according to Company’s Green Policy. Always change sheets and towels if stained, dirty, hair, and torn regardless if requested or not.
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower curtain and floor.
- Replace laundry bags and slips.
- Clean closets and door tracks on check-out rooms, removing dust and debris. Ensure correct amount and placement of hangers, extra blanket/pillow and other amenities.
- Dust and polish all furniture, pictures, frames, mirrors, light bulbs and switches, TV and remote.
- Open all drawers/doors in check-out rooms and remove items left by guest. Dust inside.
- Check under bed(s), chairs and desk for debris and remove if present.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips or stains; report any damages to maintenance and housekeeping supervisor.
- Remove dust, spots and smears from all doors, drapes, windows, ledges, frames, baseboards, AC unit, corners and telephones. Alert a supervisor if a bedside phone needs a new faceplate.
- Inspect condition of amenities on desk, drawers and guest service directory, replace items as necessary and ensure each room has the current month’s magazines.
- Ensure presence of fire safety, rate cards and DND sign. Inspect condition and replace as needed.
- Vacuum throughout entire room and spray room with deodorizer.
- Update status of rooms cleaned on assignment sheet at time of completion. Also, update status of room to Vacant Clean status or Occupied Clean status in the phone.
- Ensure lost & found items from guest rooms are picked up by a supervisor.
- Handle guest issues and special requests to best of ability to ensure guest satisfaction. Alert a supervisor and/or manager immediately if situation calls for one.
- Ensure guest preferences are completed as requested.
- Do not leave until a supervisor has verified your assignments have been completed and all DND’s have been called. Failure to leave before will result in disciplinary action.
- Ensure the assigned master key is locked and secured at the end of each shift. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Attend required meetings
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Be extremely courteous to all customers and fellow employees
- Report unsafe conditions to your supervisor immediately
- Assure all safety and security policies and procedures are adhered to
- Maintain hotel equipment in proper working conditions
- Any other duties assigned by your immediate supervisor
- Comply with Valencia Hotel Group (and its affiliates) standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Valencia Hotel Group (and its affiliates) standards as required by scheduling which will vary dependent upon the Hotel needs
- Complete other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Hotel Operations or Customer Service experience preferred
- Previous room cleaning preferred
- Communicates effectively with others
- Works productively with a team
- Effective multitasking skills
- Composure and patience under pressure
Strong English communication and organizational skills
Must be available to work mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
Medical, Dental, Life insurance
Paid Time Off
Paid Community Service Days
Click here to learn more
Valencia Hotel Group (and all its affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Valencia Hotel Group provides equal employment opportunities to all persons. The company does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or ancestry in recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion or any other condition of employment and actively seeks a diverse and representative work force.