Posted August 28, 2021Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
F&B Banquet Kitchen, F&B Outlet
Exec Chef - Restaurant, Sr Sous Chef - Banquets
Responsible for food production, food preparation and a la carte line cooking according to company standards.
1. Perform the following cooking procedures in outlet kitchens: sauté, grilling, and roasting.
2. Prepare and produce baked and pastry items according to established standards in pastry kitchens as assigned.
3. Performs basic to more advanced knife skills (i.e. slice, julienne, dice, batonnet, tourne) in the preparation and production of food items.
4. Clean and organize walk-in coolers, food production areas, equipment and general kitchen areas.
5. Read tickets from the printer and produce product as described by manager and as shown in information books provided.
6. Provide support to the front line, following guidelines provided by management.
7. Perform according to HACCP, OSHA and sanitation guidelines.
8. Properly store food and chemicals.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Does this position have authority to formulate, affect, interpret, or implement management policies or operating practices?
Does this position have authority to commit the employer in matters that have significant financial impact?
Does this position have authority to waive or deviate from established policies and procedures without prior approval?
Does this position have authority to negotiate and bind the company on significant matters?
Is this position involved in planning long or short-term business objectives?
Does this position represent the company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances?
Does this position have authority to make an independent choice, free from immediate direction or supervision or make decisions or recommendations that may occasionally be reviewed, revised or reversed?
Ability to speak and hear. Close and distance vision. Frequent sitting with some walking and standing. Frequently lifts/carries up to 5 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Additional physical and visual requirements (check all that apply)
Identify and distinguish colors
Stand for long periods of time
Walk extended distances
Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
Lift/carry 26-50 lbs.
Lift/carry over 50 lbs.
Reach hands and arms in any direction
Kneel and/or stoop repeatedly
Continually works inside and in close proximity to others.
Additional working conditions (check all that apply)
Outdoor weather conditions
Extreme cold (non-weather)
Extreme heat (non-weather)
Wet or humid conditions
Near moving or mechanical parts
On high precarious places
With fumes or airborne particles
Near toxic or caustic chemicals
Near risk of electrical shock
Near loud noises
In areas of strong vibration
Other: Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and overtime as business dictates.
Final Job Title:
Approved Job Grade:
Date Job Evaluated:
Approved FLSA Status:
Customer Sat Bonus
Service WorkersMarriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.