The Front Office Agent is responsible for providing consistent excellent service to guests/clients before arrival, upon arrival, and during their stay, from check-in to checkout. This employee will be responsible for registration, checkout, and cashiering.
What you will be doing
- Welcome and register guests expeditiously, provide information to guests as needed, obtain identification and credit/check approval as directed by hotel policy. Verify rate and departure date. Confirm and modify information required to complete the registration process as per hotel procedures.
- Answer all guest questions accurately and resolve problems in a timely manner ensuring guest satisfaction. Authorize revenue allowances as allowed by hotel policy.
- Resolve guest problems and complaints following the “L.E.A.D” Widewaters Hotels process.
- Upsell guest rooms, food & beverage outlets if applicable and seasonal hotel promotions.
- Make restaurant, transportation, and/or entertainment reservations for guests, plus other Concierge services as requested and have thorough knowledge of hotel amenities, company, and local area & attractions.
- Communicate with other hotel departments to maintain a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Maintain an understanding of hotel history, services, facility information, and rates and packages.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation at the end of each stay, and ask “Is there anything that we could have done better to make your stay more enjoyable?”
- Register guests in Reservations/PMS and follow proper check-in, check out procedures.
- Review Front Desk log when coming on shift and record pertinent information as needed throughout the shift.
- Post charges to individual room or master account.
- Manage cash/credit transactions and maintain a personal bank.
- Accept payment for guest accounts including third party, advance purchase reservations, and during the time of registration at check- in/check-out.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support team to reach goals.
- Assists others as needed and special projects, as necessary.
- Associates Degree in Hospitality or Travel & Tourism preferred.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in a front office role.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and have sound administrative skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Strong Guest Service Skills
- Able to work on PMS software.
- Able to communicate effectively with guests, management, and co-workers.
- CPR certification is a plus.
- Must be able to stand up to 8 hours at a time.
- Must have a positive attitude at all times.
Somos un empleador con igualdad de oportunidades y todos los candidatos calificados recibirán consideración por el empleo sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, origen nacional, estado de discapacidad, estado de veterano protegido o cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley.
View All Current Opportunities at WidewatersAt A Glance
Nestled into Northern Virginia’s Dulles Corridor, Hyatt House Herndon/Reston is a neighborly hotel with a convenient location by premier shopping, dining and entertainment. Our Reston hotel offers free transportation and is near the Metro Station, so you can easily tour Washington DC and the Capitol. Or stick to Reston and visit close companies, golf courses, wineries and the Dulles International Airport (IAD).
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels is an award winning, innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Widewaters' Hotels Values: Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
Company Website: HyattHouseHerndon.com
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.