Posted October 11, 2021Marriott Owings Mills Metro Centre
The brand new Marriott Owings Mills at The Metro Centre is a beautiful new property about to open and we are seeking an amazing Director of Rooms who wants to be at the forefront of leadership for this hotel.
Provide guidance and leadership to the Rooms Division, ensuring consistent compliance with hotel policies, and quality guest service while maximizing departmental profits. Indirectly offers supervision for the entire hotel as well as making policies and developing plans for carrying out work programs. Acts as General Manager in the General Manager’s absence, as requested.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Implement and manage hotel’s daily quality process including goal communication, associate improvement, compliance with Crescent standards of product and performance, service recovery and problem resolution. Disseminate feedback from comment cards, guest satisfaction and service failure measurements and coach accordingly.
2. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
4. Assign and instruct Rooms Division Department Managers in details of work. Observe performance and encourage improvement. Monitor hotel occupancy and make staffing adjustments accordingly. Supervise and review cost and inventory controls.
5. Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Prepare written correspondence to guests. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps or problem resolution by using experienced judgment and discretion.
6. Supervise the budgeting, forecasting, training, motivating and staffing of the Rooms Department including: Telephone, Housekeeping Services, Front Office, Laundry, Concierge and Guest Services.
7. Prepare Forecast expenses and actual results for the Rooms Division revenue and expenses. Review Security logs daily for significant incidents, and coordinate with department heads all enforcement of policy and/or improvements in service needed.
8. Work closely with the General Manager in establishing and monitoring policies and guidelines in the day to day operation of the hotel to ensure profitability and consistency. Solve problems of detail that come up in the course of the work.
9. Plan, organize, chair, attend and/or participate in various hotel meetings such as: Staff Meetings, Rooms Division Meetings, Executive Committee Meetings, Quality Teams Meetings, etc.
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
11. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Requires the exercise of considerable managerial skill as position involves frequent decisions, meeting of deadlines, negotiations of contracts of vendors, analytical ability and the planning, organization development and coordination of large scale work projects. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Complex mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare complex mathematical calculations without error, i.e. budgets, forecasting. Ability to be mobile for significant distances between and within buildings on the property. Ability to observe performance and detect signs of emergency situations and respond with proper action.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The Best New and Only Full-Service Hotel in Owings Mills, MD
The first full-service hotel in Owings Mills, Maryland, this brand new 229 room Marriott Hotel features almost 15,000 square feet of flexible event space including a 6,700 square foot ballroom with the ability to entertain up to 1,200 people, a 4,400 square foot outdoor terrace and 3,650 square feet of pre-function space. 7 additional large meeting spaces and multiple board rooms are ideal for corporate and social events. Thoughtfully appointed with amenities, guests can enjoy access to the upscale fitness center, elegant lobby bar and lounge, and on-site dining including a Starbucks coffee shop and a full-service upscale American restaurant. Centrally located in Metro Centre at Owings Mills shopping, dining and events are steps away from the hotel. Plan to enjoy the rolling hills of nearby equestrian country, take in a game at more than 13 local golf clubs, or enjoy outdoor activities at area nature centers, parks and reservoirs. The hotel is also walking distance to Owings Mills Metro Station.