At Blossom we create a unique guest experience that is centered around wellness and lifestyle. Therefore, we cater to our customer’s needs by providing a welcoming space where they can casually dine, grab an elevated to go meal, and shop for unique gifts and apparel. As a Blossom Attendant & Cashier working at the Westin Anaheim Resort, you will be responsible for exceeding guests’ expectations. You will provide our guests with friendly, prompt and attentive service that is tailored to the customer’s preference and the Westin service standard. The Blossom Attendant & Cashier partners with all team members from the front of house to the back of house to create a hospitable and cohesive environment for customers and associates alike. The Blossom Attendant & Cashier is a hands-on customer facing and back of house role. You create exceptional customer experiences and build enduring relationships both internally and externally. Your role is vital, as you are typically the first person to interact with all guests. You are responsible for driving retail sales, possessing brand knowledge of all retail products and menu items, efficiently and effectively check out guests and handle all guests needs. Additionally you will clean tables and surface areas between guests, re-fill food supplies: coffee station, napkin dispenser, etc. You will also assist with unpacking, steaming, prepping and processing all retail items. You must possess brand knowledge of all retail products and menu items, efficiently and effectively check out guests and handle all guests needs. You will enthusiastically and equally assists with all retail shop and front of house café needs.
Barista Attendant & Cashier Responsibilities
- Preparing and serving hot and cold drinks such as coffee, tea, artisan and specialty beverages.
- Reports to work as indicated on the work schedule and in the correct uniform. Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
- Correctly completes all opening, closing and additional duties of the attendant/cashier in a timely manner.
- Assists the Manager on Duty in adhering to all guests needs.
- Must be enthusiastic and possess extensive product knowledge of all retail and menu items.
- Assist with new employee training by positively reinforcing successful performance by offering assistance as needed.
- Support other areas of the shop and cafe as requested: assisting customers, answering telephones, stock work, cleanup and documentation
- Answers the telephone in a timely, pleasant and courteous manner.
- Immediately recognizes and greets arriving retail and café guests.
- Practices teamwork by assisting fellow employees to enhance our guests’ dining and shopping experience.
- Communicates to the Manager on Duty all situations where a guest may express concern or dissatisfaction with any aspect of the dining experience.
- Welcomes all guests and acknowledges all departing guests while inviting them to return.
- Completes all opening, mid-shift, and closing duties in a timely manner.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Responsible for cleaning all areas surrounding the Outlet entrance, including windows, doors, floors, etc at any given time in accordance to Westin standards and CDC guidelines.
- Adheres to visual merchandising standards, assist with window displays, unpacks and preps all shop items for sale
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have experience in high traffic guest service establishments.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by guests.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information when serving high profile.
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
While performing the duties of this job it will require to:
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Must be able to tolerate noise and vibration and a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, etc.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 40 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
Additional Job Requirements
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time in full uniform.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess a high level of high-quality standards & organization
- Complete knowledge and understanding of the service industry, policies and procedures to include sanitation.
- Proficiency working with various computer programs including but not limited to Micros and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Food Handler’s Certificate required by the County.
We participate in E-Verify