With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We Offer
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- *401(k) retirement plan with company match
- *Company paid life insurance
- *Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
*Benefits may vary by position so ask your recruiter for details.
The Lounge Prep Cook is responsible for preparing various food items, rotating necessary supplies and equipment between store and work areas, and cleaning kitchen, work areas and equipment.
- Follow recipes and procedures to prepare assigned food items according to prep lists, guidelines and standardized recipes
- Prepares and operates kitchen utensils and/or equipment used for weighing, measuring, mixing, washing, peeling, cutting, grinding, stirring, straining, slicing, assembling and kneading of food products
- Stores, receives, stocks, dates, rotates, and checks temperature of product throughout work day
- Understand and follows proper food handling procedures such as wrapping, labeling, dating, stocking, storing, rotating and checking temperature of products
- Keeps stock rooms, coolers and freezers clean and ensures that all perishables are labeled, dated and stored properly.
- Keeps food waste to a minimum by using food storage and food recycling techniques.
- Maintains a clean and orderly kitchen and work area by washing kitchen equipment, sanitizing surfaces and taking out trash
- Works and communicates closely with BOH and FOH team members to ensure high level of guest service while doing a variety of time restraint tasks.
- Performs other kitchen duties and assists other cooks as required
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires at least 3 years of experience preparing food items in a casual dine and/or fine dining restaurant establishment
- Requires ability to demonstrate tact and discretion in interactions with premium clientele
- Requires ability to maintain a presentable and polished appearance in keeping with service standards for premium clientele
- Requires ability to work long hours, while standing.
- Possesses strong sanitation habits.
- Ability to multi-task and ability to interact with customers and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
Posted November 25, 2023