The Lounge Cook I is responsible for preparing, cooking and plating hot and cold food items, following all food safety and standards, monitoring food quality, and cleaning kitchen and work equipment.
- Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving food items which may include soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other food and beverage products
- Tastes products, follow menus, estimate food requirements, checks production and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment as needed
- Prepares and operates kitchen utensils and/or equipment used for weighing, measuring, mixing, washing, peeling, cutting, grinding, stirring, straining, slicing, assembling and kneading of food products
- Ensures all food and beverages are prepared to established standards
- Maintains a clean and orderly kitchen and work area by washing kitchen equipment, sanitizing surfaces and taking out trash
- Practices excellent food safety and sanitation practices and complies with HACCP standards
- Stores, receives, stocks, dates, rotates, and checks temperature of product throughout work day
- Works and communicates closely with BOH and FOH team members to ensure high level of guest service while doing a variety of time restraint tasks.
- Performs other kitchen duties and assists other cooks as required
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires food preparation skills and knowledge of HACCP standards
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of closely related cooking experience, including experience cooking food for an airport lounge or casual dining restaurant establishment
- Requires ability to demonstrate tact and discretion in interactions with premium clientele
- Requires ability to maintain a presentable and polished appearance in keeping with service standards for premium clientele
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Requires ability to work long hours, while standing.
- Possess strong sanitation habits.
- Ability to multi-task and ability to interact with customers and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We Offer
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- *401(k) retirement plan with company match or Pension
- *Company paid life insurance
- *Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn up to $500
*Benefits may vary by position so ask your recruiter for details.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)