Do you like being outside and working with your hands, then groundskeeper might be the job you are looking for!
The Groundskeeper will assist in the performance of upkeep and maintenance of all resort grounds.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
1. Carries out the policies and procedures of French Lick Springs Resort & Casino while maintaining the highest degree of professionalism and teamwork atmosphere as per standards of service.
2. Follows safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
3. Removes all cigarettes from ash urns.
4. Picks up all glass, cans, paper and other debris from the parking lot and grounds.
5. Sweeps up all small debris, (i.e. cigarette butts, etc.).
6. Pulls weeds as necessary in rock beds and to keep joints and cracks free of weeds.
7. Rakes when necessary to clean the lawn.
8. Paints outside equipment such as hand rails.
9. Does recycling rounds for all office areas daily.
10. Required to meet grooming standards and uniform.
11. Performs other related reasonable duties capable of being performed as requested by Management.
By the mid-1990s, French Lick Spring Hotel, although still in operation, was a mere shell of its former glory and the abandoned West Baden Springs Hotel was literally crumbling to the ground. As with any great comeback story, it all started with people who refused to give up – local volunteers and the folks at Indiana Landmarks. Seeing West Baden Springs Hotel in a state of ruin devastated the group, whose mission is saving such cherished properties. Soon the Cook family, devoted preservationists who themselves led the restoration of many Indiana buildings, joined the cause and committed more than $600 million dollars to not only save West Baden Springs Hotel but also French Lick Springs Hotel. The Cooks wanted their preservation work to result in living, breathing historic places that would be around for centuries to come. Today, 1.1 million guests visit French Lick Resort annually to experience this “save of the century.”
Whether you’re just beginning your career journey or looking for a new professional challenge, French Lick Resort has a career path for you. Our resort includes three hotels (including two AAA Four-Diamond historic hotels), two nationally-acclaimed golf courses, a casino, two world-class spas, over a dozen food and beverage venues, meeting and event facilities, retail shops, horse stables, sporting clays range, bowling alley and more. With so many amenities, we have a variety of full-time, variable (part-time) and seasonal opportunities for you to join our team.
Guests know us for our friendly staff who create memorable experiences. If you are interested in exploring career opportunities with us and want to join our team to accomplish our mission of Exceeding Guest Expectations, then browse our current career opportunities.