Posted September 23, 2021Marriott Syracuse Downtown
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Check server and houseperson banquet event orders to ensure that all information is accurate.
2. Check room set-up to see that banquet event order directions are completely followed. Ensure that all public areas are neat and clean.
3. Make contact with group representatives. Explain how to make contact if needed throughout the function.
4. Communicate all banquet event order changes to catering or convention services office and affected departments.
5. Coordinate with banquet staff set-ups, changes and time schedules for all functions.
6. Verify staffing levels for the next day's functions. Adjust schedules accordingly through the addition or cancellation of servers/bartender/housepersons.
7. Operate as a banquet server when needed; setting-up, greeting and serving the guest and breaking-down the function.
8. Inspect banquet areas at end of function to ensure all equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are clean.
9. Post all banquet checks at end of day and turn in to Night Audit
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
11. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This position must have strong beverage background.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Ability to meet standards of appearance. Can communicate well with guests. Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Recently awarded the AAA Four Diamond Award, the Marriott Syracuse Downtown was restored to its original 1924 glory in 2016. We invite you to enjoy stunning surroundings both inside and out. Visit a variety of nearby attractions including Armory Square, Syracuse University and The Oncenter. When it's time to dine, enjoy savory breakfast, lunch and dinner at our three on-site restaurants, including an all-new Irish pub. Those in need of a night in can order room service from our Fresh Bites Menu, available 24 hours. Renovated hotel rooms and suites feature a sleek design with the finest quality Stickley furniture, pillow top mattresses and flat-panel TVs. Marble bathrooms complement our modern, pet-friendly accommodations with double vanities and complimentary bath products. With 41,000 square feet of brilliant meeting space including a Conference Center, we can host memorable corporate and social events, complete with professional planning and catering services.