JOB OVERVIEW: To serve beverages and/or food to the guests in a friendly, courteous and timely and manner, resulting in guest satisfaction. Also, to prepare beverages for other servers to supply to guests, and act as cashier for the lounge.
Hours are 4pm to 11pm
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet
2. Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to insure product quality.
3. Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders for drinks. Mixes, garnishes and presents drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control.
4. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
5. Inputs orders into a register at the point of sale and creates a check for each guest, including those served by other beverage servers, to maintain accountability of all beverages served.
6. Receives cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies validity of charges, records charges, and insures vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all moneys.
7. Locks up and stores all beverage, food and other equipment items, deposits cash drops and secures bank.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Clean and maintain a sanitary space for both guests & other employees.
10. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages. Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes. Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock. Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items. Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check. Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long periods of time. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The Residence Inn Milwaukee Brookfield is nestled back in a quiet resort-style setting with breathtaking views of the executive golf course that surrounds our property. The hotel is designed as an experience where you can truly live your life on the road. Located off I-94 & Moorland Road minutes away from downtown Milwaukee - our Waukesha County extended stay hotel sits in the region’s 2nd largest county and one of the primary economic engines in the state. The strip of Bluemound Road in Brookfield is bustling with a multitude of shopping, dining and entertainment - anchored by the ever expanding Brookfield Square on the east, The Corners on the west and The Corridor in the middle – all mere moments from our hotel. We're also only one mile from the new Brookfield Conference Center. Set a pace that suits you at Residence Inn by Marriott®.