Posted October 24, 2021Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Under the guidance of the Assistant Director of Facilities, the Facilities Manager is responsible for maintaining the building maintenance operations and critical systems support to sustain a best in class Casino and Hotel. This position provides guidance to the building maintenance operations and critical systems support management, as well as to professional and support team members. The Facilities Manager leads and manages the team to complete all duties and responsibilities set forth by San Manuel Casino and the Facilities Department. This role requires availability 24/7 to ensure business and Department needs are met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Leads and manages all maintenance fields and trades within Facilities Department (i.e. HVAC, Electrical, and Building Maintenance). Maintains an active role in planning and coordinating of projects and tasks assigned to team; to include assigning, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring completion.
2. Monitors, responds to, and report any critical systems operation alarm and/or alert (i.e. fire, power, central plant failures, etc.). Plays active role in the Emergency Action Plan, Building Continuity Plan, and emergency drills. Monitors team to ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations, and adherence to all San Manuel and Department policies and procedures.
3. Completes performance evaluations for assigned team members and oversees performance evaluations completed by subordinate management team members. Responsible for hiring process (i.e. review resumes, interview candidates, propose starting salaries, etc.). Reviews and signs-off on disciplinary actions.
4. Request for vendors by providing scope of work, expectations, and timelines for project completion. Work closely with Department Administrative team and Procurement Department to ensure timely requests and processing of vendor quotes/proposals.
5. Reviews, amends, and creates policies and procedures for Department as needed. Ensures all team members are up-to-date on enterprise and Department policies and procedures.
6. Responsible and accountable for the financial integrity of the maintenance and critical systems support divisions (i.e. budget forecasting/planning, reviewing transactions, budget tracking, etc.).
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise?s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, is now named Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel. Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort will debut in December 2021 with the addition of a 17-floor hotel tower featuring 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!