Posted September 25, 2021The Ven at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C., a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
1. Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
2. Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
3. Date all food containers and rotate as per Crescent standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
4. Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
5. Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
6. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per Crescent standards.
7. Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
2015 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20036
231 Room Hotel
Surrounded by Embassy Row’s stately mansions, The Ven at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C., a Tribute Portfolio Hotel blends the neighborhood’s ambassadorial heritage with stylish and comfortable amenities. Our address at Embassy Row is perfect for meeting up, making connections and forging relationships while in Washington, D.C. Here in the city’s diplomatic corridor, our hotel brings diverse travelers together, located steps from Red Line Metro Station and within easy access to the capital, notable landmarks and museums. Coming this spring, the Ven Café will offer the quality and convenience of thoughtful and seasonal fare throughout the day. This summer, take in views of the iconic Washington, DC skyline at The Rooftop, our 9th-floor pool and bar. Our three meeting rooms serve as the backdrop for your next event at Embassy Row. With a sophisticated, never stuffy, and all-inclusive spirit, our 231 guest rooms and suites reflect the bold style of Dupont Circle.