As a House Attendant you will be responsible for cleaning all hotel public areas and surrounding service areas of hotel in accordance to hotel standards in a timely manner to ensure the hotel meets brand and/or hotel standards at all times. The House Attendant is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
- Maintain a clean work area at all times while ensuring superior and "spotless" guest service.
- Deliver items to guest rooms as needed such as towels, extra pillows, supplies, and respond to guest requests in a timely and courteous manner.
- Obtain soiled linens from guest carts and bring them to laundry and deliver clean linens to storage rooms as needed.
- On occasion assist Room Attendants with stripping guests rooms as needed.
- Collect garbage from Room Attendant carts. Adhere to brand standards regarding recycling practices if applicable.
- Assist with breakfast in the morning, including wiping down tables, and emptying garbage during this time.
- Assists in unloading deliveries and the proper storage of such.
- Plunge guest toilets and public area toilets as needed.
- Repair or fix any maintenance items within scope of experience including cleaning light fixtures and replacing light bulbs.
- Report all guest-borrowed items (ie. Irons/boards, hair dryers, etc) for safe return to designated area.
- Prepare utility cart for next day use.
- Report any maintenance problems to Engineering Department.
- Make sure all equipment is in good working order before use each day.
- Report and deliver lost & found items to the appropriate office/ department.
- Clean guest laundry washer/dryer, table, mop floor as needed.
- Help with excessive laundry when required.
- If this hotel has a shuttle, driving guests to and from the hotel may also be needed.
- Communicate changes in suite status with the Front Desk.
- Responsible for knowing hotel emergency procedures and ensuring emergency exits are clear at all times.
- Accommodate guest special requests courteously, including luggage and wheelchair assistance.
- Work in a team environment and assist and support all members of the team to ensure a great hotel stay experience for the guests.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year experience in housekeeping, preferably in a hotel, resort or conference center.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with team members and supervisors.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to maintain sanitation standards while also adhering to all OSHA and local health department rules and regulations.
- Must be able to work the majority of the shift in a standing position, constantly moving, and able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, etc. when needed.
- Strong Guest Service Skills
- Must have attention to detail and be customer service oriented.
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers.
- CPR certified preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
View All Current Opportunities at WidewatersAt A Glance
Nestled into Northern Virginia’s Dulles Corridor, Hyatt House Herndon/Reston is a neighborly hotel with a convenient location by premier shopping, dining and entertainment. Our Reston hotel offers free transportation and is near the Metro Station, so you can easily tour Washington DC and the Capitol. Or stick to Reston and visit close companies, golf courses, wineries and the Dulles International Airport (IAD).
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels is an award winning, innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Widewaters' Hotels Values: Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
Company Website: HyattHouseHerndon.com
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.