Posted September 29, 2021Courtyard Memphis East/Galleria
Responsible for the direct management and supervision of the hotel. Through the guidance and leadership of each department manager, create and nurture a customer-focused, team centered, and entrepreneurial environment necessary to produce a profitable hotel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates and supervises the various departments to ensure an environment in which high standards of comfort, service, and quality exist for our guests.
- Directs the Sales Management of the hotel.
- Forecasting and budgeting annually, as well as developing and monitoring of business plans.
- Actively participates in business, community, and civic affairs in the local area.
- Maintain proper employer/employee relations.
- Conduct performance evaluations for all department heads.
- Maintain the quality standards established by Onyx Hospitality and review these standards with department heads.
- Analyze operating statements and physical inventories for accuracy.
- Verify that the property is in compliance with all health, fire/safety, OSHA, and ADA regulations.
- Maintain personnel files and records in compliance with the state and federal laws.
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
Excellent verbal, comprehension, listening and problem solving skills
Report and accounting skills
Guest relation skills
BA or BS in Business Administration, Hotel Administration or Management
Certified Hospitality Administrator (preferred)
Hotel level direct sales and operations experience required. Previous team management experience along with a working knowledge of revenue management, the preparation of annual business and department budgets, monthly cost and spending controls, and payroll requirements are essential. In addition, a history with customer and vendor relations is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger; or feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 15 pounds); talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision to a computer screen.
The new state-of-the-art lobby at Courtyard provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests. At the center of it all is The Bistro, your destination for a great breakfast, or drinks and dinner during the evening. You'll also enjoy inviting, flexible spaces where you can work or relax, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard technology. Plus, our well-equipped fitness center will help you stay refreshed and energized. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, your stay at Courtyard is sure to be more comfortable, more productive and more enjoyable than ever before!BE YOUR BEST SELF
We want you to grow in all aspects of your life. Our 90+ year history of innovation and our TakeCare commitment to promote opportunity, community and purpose for all helps cultivate a supportive environment where associates are respected and celebrated. We are a force of good and make a difference in the places we live and work.
Our global accolades are a sign that we're committed to creating an inclusive workforce that makes the world a better place!
Working is a big part of our lives, but this isn’t an ordinary job. At Marriott, we are exploring the world we live in and all its possibilities. This is not a vacation photo album; we’re living this life.