Central Utility Manager is responsible for directing all operations and maintenance activities at the plant and assures that an adequate supply of resources (i. e. manpower, tools, equipment, spare parts) are available at all times to provide for the safe and efficient operation of the Resort. Assures the Plant's utility equipment operates to its highest potential while remaining in compliance with applicable safety, environmental, corporate requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, safety and training programs of the Plant.
- Coordinate all safety, operations, maintenance, engineering, regulatory, and administrative activities on site.
- Oversees the operation, maintenance, and preventative maintenance of the Central Utility Equipment & Systems e.g., air compressors, boilers & associated waste systems, chillers, cooling towers, piping infrastructure & water treatment systems.
- Oversees the operation, maintenance and preventative maintenance of the HVAC equipment e.g. Fan Coil Units, Electric Unit Heaters, Variable Volume Terminal Boxes, Fans, Air Handling Units, Heat Recovery Units, Hot/Chilled Water Heat Exchangers, Pumps, etc.
- Manage the implementation of the efficient, safe, and cost-effective operation of the facility in accordance all applicable contracts, permits, regulations and good practice.
- Administer the communication and reporting of facility performance as required by contract, permits, and corporate policies.
- Direct, coordinate and administer all Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) activities to comply with applicable government regulations, corporate policies.
- Direct the planning, scheduling, execution and documentation of all maintenance activities, planned and unplanned, as performed by facility staff and contractors.
- Manage and administer all contractor and supplier agreements.
- Develop, present to Kalahari management/Ownership and administer the Annual Operations Plan and budget.
- Monitor, analyze and respond to changes in facility performance to always meet or exceed contractual and regulatory obligations.
- Act on behalf of Kalahari Resorts with regard to facility activities with customers, Owners, local utilities, and regulatory and local authorities.
- Oversees water sampling and testing with documented results.
- Performs quality control inspections on all CUP equipment and systems to ensure adherence to contract specifications, industry standards & EH&S requirements, regulatory and permitting requirements.
- Ensures adherence to company and customer EHS requirements.
- Responds in a professional and timely manner to management and internal customer inquiries relating to the facility operations and maintenance related issues.
- Serves as primary technical resource in area of expertise.
- Manage the recruitment, hiring, training and retention or the facilities staff in accordance with Kalahari policies and procedures.
- Grade staff performance through annual employee evaluations. Develop individualized performance goals and objectives to best meet each employee s career development.
- Is knowledgeable of policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, and county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the associates and guests.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, and county and municipal regulations that pertain to equipment safety, inspections, and yearly inspection with all authorities.
- Responsible for building automation controls.
- Maintain Inspection and Service Agreement Binders.
- Initiate Daily Promise line-up meetings and attend weekly Manager's Meetings.
- Work with, train, and monitor department associates' performance to ensure acceptable levels, quality of output, and safety practices are being followed.
- Manage and administer communications and policies with customers, Owners, and management.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressure situations, including ability to handle guest objections and disputes to satisfactory results.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by Associates, Supervisors, Department Heads, Senior Management, and guests.
- Must be able to adapt to a broad range of customer interactions, inquiries, and complaints.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Make independent decisions while maintaining strong ethical standards consistent with company policy, rules and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present technical ideas to management.
- Ability to lead by example and ensure that staff is working within company policies.
- Ability to possess proven management, administrative and pro-active preventative maintenance skills.
- Possess excellent math and computer skills.
- Ability to investigate problems, formulates solutions, and communicates those solutions.
- Ability to effectively organizes, prioritizes, and schedule work assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively across organizational lines in a dynamic and demanding work environment.
- Knowledge of uniform building codes, fire codes, ADA, OSHA preferred.
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of hotel management.
Central Utility Manager oversees the team of technicians specializing in CUP equipment and HVAC.
This job operates in an active and laud environment. Frequent changes in environment temperature (indoor, outdoor).
The Associate is required to constantly stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel and crouch. Constantly required reach and grasp. The Associate must frequently lift, carry, push and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Excellent dexterity is required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with various work hours and days, based on business needs. This position may require evening, weekend and holiday work.
Education, Experience and Licensing
Three to Five (3-5) years of increased responsibilities and diverse experience in CUP Environments
- EPA License
- Five (5) years of direct experience in the operations and maintenance of facility systems.
- Stable work history showing responsibility and professional growth.
- Minimum of two (2) year technical degree or equivalent work experience, and/or professional experience desired.
- Maintains acquired local, state or federal required licenses or certifications.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Kalahari Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.