Hilton Salt Lake City Center is seeking an Assistant Food & Beverage Manager who will support the oversight of multiple restaurant outlets and Banquets. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with one (1) or more years of supervisory or management experience who is looking to grow with our organization.
What will I be doing?
- Manages and monitors product quality and guest satisfaction in restaurants/banquets. Responsible for ensuring that food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications. Moves throughout facility, restaurants, banquets and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take corrective action to ensure food quality, cleanliness and service standards are met. Verifies temperatures, judges appearance and taste of products, and checks preparation methods to determine quality. Provides guidance for improvement and implements necessary adjustments. Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in restaurant/banquets. Investigates and resolves guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring the restaurants/banquets comply with sanitation and safety standards for guests and employees. Responsible for ensuring that all equipment is in working order. Visually inspects and takes corrective action to ensure that facilities in restaurants/banquets looks appealing and attractive to guests. Provides guidance for improvement and implements necessary adjustments. Oversees work orders to ensure repairs and maintenance of facility are completed on a timely basis.
- Documents inventory forecast usage and monitors supply so that restaurants/banquets are stocked with linen, glassware, silverware, china, condiments and other items necessary to provideappropriate customer service. Oversees set up of dining and service areas.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures that relate to theRestaurants/banquets as well as all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Interviews, selects, trains, supervises, counsels, disciplines and participates in theevaluation of restaurants/banquets staff employees for the efficient operation of the restaurant/banquet.
- Participates in marketing efforts of restaurants/banquets, creates menu ideas, surveys competitionand reports food trends, and assists in preparation of specials.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum one (1) year of supervisory experience in Food & Beverage
- Open availability to work varying days and shifts including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with multiple departments
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a role that requires self-motivation and resourcefulness
- Banquet experience preferred, but not required
- Local candidates are strongly preferred; relocation assistance is not available for this role
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, department meetings, staff meetings, etc. This position may participate in the hotel's manager on duty program, which may require occasional weekend stayovers and full responsibility for the hotel.
- Participate in community public relations for the restaurant and the hotel.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and/or Outlook Express. (If required, then this should be moved to Specific Job Knowledge, Skill And Ability section).
- In emergencies, perform in the capacity of any position supervised.
- Comply with Quality Assurance and Ecosure Brand Standards.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!