Are you a successful leader with extensive marketing and brand management experience, working for or in the world of entertainment, theme parks or hospitality? Do you have demonstrated success leading innovative marketing strategies that build brand value and motivate people to visit and become loyal, raving fans? Have strong persuasion skills and use effective influence tactics to help sway decision-makers and key stakeholders? If you’ve answered yes to all of these questions, then our Corporate Director of Brand Management and Marketing for Knott’s Berry Farm position might be right for you.
How You'll Make A Difference:
This position owns the Knott’s Berry Farm brand story and message, Cedar Fair’s year-round theme park located in Buena Park, California. They are responsible for brand health, awareness and consideration to visit the theme park, Knott’s Soak City water park, The Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel and Marketplace. Leveraging research, market dynamics, analytics and park team input, they develop and oversee execution of both brand and consumer demand marketing and communications plans, responsible for driving attendance and admissions revenue. This position will report to the VP, Brand Management and will be located in Charlotte, NC (relocation assistance available).
- Alongside VP, Brand Management, develops and executes brand and marketing strategic plan for Knott’s Berry Farm, Knott’s Soak City, Knott’s Hotel and Knott’s Marketplace, supervising the Corporate Brand Manager & Marketing and a park-based Communications Director and team. This position works closely with the park General Manager (GM), park and hotel leadership teams ensuring brand health, standards are nurtured and awareness maintained ultimately driving consumer consideration, intent to visit and long term brand affinity/loyalty.
- Develops and executes annual consumer demand marketing plans that deliver on annual attendance and revenue goals working alongside Park Operations, Finance, and Business Intelligence stakeholders, leveraging historical marketing performance data, consumer insights, market sizing and key macro factors.
- Develops and executes marketing roadmaps and integrated communications plans associated with annual and long-term brand plans and consumer demand activities. Supervises Corporate Manager, Brand and Park Communications Director to ensure integration and flawless execution of both brand and consumer demand tactics. Partners with Corporate brand and marketing shared services functions (Advertising, CRM, Season Pass Loyalty, Ecommerce and Marketing Research & Analytics and Park Ops) to ensure optimal results of campaigns/events.
- Responsible for establishing KPIs and associated reporting needed to regularly communicate results of both brand and marketing campaigns. Directs measurement goals and activities of Communications/PR teams at the park and for the hotel and seasonal events as applicable.
- Leverages consumer insights and guest survey data to make recommendations to VP, Brand Management and GMs inclusive of product development, capital and overall guest experience opportunities in order to grow, retain guests and attract new audiences. Key stakeholders include Corporate Operations leadership, Planning & Design, Entertainment, Food & Beverage and Park Operations in general.
- Ensures that local and in-park marketing/brand activities are coordinated with Park/Hotel Operations. Activities are inclusive of ensuring associate communication and training, consumer event execution, strategic alliance tactics, media relations and local QSR/Retail partnerships.
- Utilizes attendance, price sensitivity, NPS, OSAT, admissions revenue data, campaign response and ROMI data, recommendations from Marketing Ops, Marketing Analysts and Business Intelligence to make recommendations to VP, Brand Management on decisions influencing price, promotions, targeting, media and channel planning.
- Works closely with VP, Group Sales, Director, Season Pass, Business Intelligence Team, Ecommerce Team, Advertising and Media Team, as well as Brand Peers to develop and monitor all consumer demand marketing plans and activities to ensure integrations and alignment throughout the year. Responsible for communications of plans, changes, challenges and results across all support functions and park stakeholders.
We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Hospitality, or Business.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of marketing and brand management experience in the hospitality, entertainment, or tourism industry.
- Strong project management, communications planning, and research skills; Experience with revenue forecasting and analysis is a must.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively partner with various stakeholders, influence thinking, and strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Brand management experience with year-round theme parks.
- Previous senior-level management and direct leadership experience within an agency.
- Basic P&L knowledge.
- Strong MS Proficiency
We offer a generous benefits package to our employees including medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k) with match, retirement savings plan, Paid Time Off, wellness programs, FREE Admissions to ALL of our Cedar Fair Parks, and much more!
Apply Now!or email firstname.lastname@example.org