Are you a successful leader with extensive brand management experience AND multi-property, corporate marketing or resort management experience (for an independent resorts group or flag chain of hotels/group of properties)? Do you have demonstrated success with building relationships with park operations executives and other key stakeholders to help build brand value? Do you have strong persuasion skills and use effective influence tactics to help sway decision-makers? If you’ve answered yes to all of these questions, then our Corporate Director of Brand Management – Resorts position might be right for you.
How You'll Make A Difference:
The Resorts Brand Manager owns the overnight stay story and message – they are responsible for ensuring brand health, establishing awareness and consideration of the Cedar Fair portfolio of resorts, hotels, campgrounds and sports venues as an extension of the park experience. Leveraging research, analytics, internal and external stakeholders, they develop and oversee brand and leisure visitor booking strategies, marketing, CRM and digital tactics, responsible for driving Resort revenue and contribution. This position will report to the VP, Brand Management and will be located in Charlotte, NC (relocation assistance available).
- Alongside VP, Brand Management, develops and executes a comprehensive Resorts brand strategy that creates awareness of Cedar Fair parks as an overnight and multi-day destination through a varied portfolio of overnight accommodations including full resort properties, hotels, campgrounds and sports venues. This position works closely with the VP of Resorts, SVP, Corporate Operations and SVPs of Park Operations and their respective park(s)/resorts ensuring annual Resort revenue goals and guest expectations are met.
- Develops, presents and executes specific marketing roadmaps and communications plans associated with each Resort property. Partners with shared services functions (Advertising, CRM, Passholder, Ecommerce, Marketing Operations, Marketing Analytics and Resort/Park Operations) to integrate Resorts into traditional advertising plans and execute targeted digital/CRM efforts by property to ensure optimal business results.
- Directs the digital and CRM resort strategy by working with shared services teams to maximize effectiveness of existing CRM programs, data, web/mobile and booking platforms; implements new strategies to drive consideration and show ROI. Champions the online guest experience, building more awareness of Cedar Fair parks as an overnight destination, improving booking portal integration that can lead to more cross-sell and upsell revenue opportunities.
- Leverages consumer insights and guest survey data to make recommendations to VP, Brand Management and resort, operations and corporate stakeholders inclusive of capital investments, new marketing and technology solutions that elevate the Resort experience, grow non-traditional/off-season revenue in order to retain and attract new audiences. Collaborate with corporate planning and design, entertainment, retail, food and beverage and IT to build the overall brand value.
- Ensures that each property, activates the property/park brand strategy at excellence leveraging local brand management and communications teams, shared service partners (Advertising, CRM, Passholder, Ecommerce, Marketing Operations, Resort Revenue Management) as well as Resort & Park operating teams that ranges from pre-arrival to check-in to in-room/in-park and post-visit touchpoints. Activities are inclusive of associate communications and training, directing internal creative and operational resources as well leveraging local, regional and state tourism/hospitality partners and opportunities.
- Utilizes booking and guest data, length of stay, brand research, campaign response from Marketing Ops, Marketing Analysts and Business Intelligence to make recommendations to VP, Brand Management on decisions influencing packages, products, targeting, media and channel planning.
- Responsible for communications and relationship building between brand marketing and park/resorts. Establish regular cadence of meetings to review plans, progress, and results throughout season. Keeps park communications staff and brand activation manager on point and accountable for plan deliverables; assists with influencing and nurturing relationships of in-park resort property teams including property GMs, sales, F&B/catering and operations.
- Works closely with VP to develop and monitor all Resort consumer demand plans and activities to ensure integrations and alignment are occurring throughout the year. Responsible for communications of plans, changes, challenges and results across all support functions and resort and park operations stakeholders.
We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Hospitality, or Business.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of brand management experience with multiple and a variety of properties.
- Strong project management, communications planning, and research skills; Experience with revenue forecasting and analysis is a must.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively partner with various stakeholders, influence thinking, and strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Multi-property, corporate marketing, resort management experience working for independent resorts group or flag chain of hotels/group of properties.
- Tourism/hospitality experience.
- Senior-level leadership experience (direct and indirect reports).
- Basic P&L knowledge.
- Strong MS Proficiency.
We offer a generous benefits package to our employees including medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k) with match, retirement savings plan, Paid Time Off, wellness programs, FREE Admissions to ALL of our Cedar Fair Parks, and much more!
Apply now! or email firstname.lastname@example.org