Posted October 2, 2021Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Our hotel is noted among local employers as the place to be employed if you like to work with people who have fun every day, where managers care about their staff, and the benefits are the best around.
Responsible for the preventative and repair of the hotel’s mechanical/electrical systems and equipment, and for the general maintenance and upkeep of the physical plant, FF&E, grounds, swimming pool, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week. Must be available to work 1st and 2nd shifts, weekends, and holidays.
• Troubleshoots and repairs malfunction in mechanical or electrical systems (e.g., HVAC, plumbing) and other equipment throughout the hotel.
• Performs preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis (e.g., “room care”).
• Services the hotel’s pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
• Maintains the building exterior and “curb appeal” (e.g., lawn care, painting, and gardening).
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
• Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
• Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
• Utilizes protective equipment.
• Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
• Reports accidents, injuries, near misses property damage or loss to supervisor.
• Provides a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
• All team members must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance. (Specific standards outlined in team member handbook).
• Assists other Engineering Personnel when needed.
• Perform any related duties as requested by the supervisor/manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of all maintenance trades, including basic electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and carpentry.
• Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel equipment
• Must be able to recognize potential safety hazards and security problems in the hotel and act upon each accordingly.
• Be willing and able to comply with hotel policies and procedures including appearance and grooming, safety, security, key control, and emergency procedures.
• Be skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, drywalling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping.
• Must be able to troubleshoot and repair routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in hotel systems and equipment.
• Skill in the use of basic hand and electric tools and familiarity with parts and materials is required.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge skills, and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of the layout of the building, sleeping, and function rooms.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
• Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write English clearly, as there will be interaction with guests and other team members.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient while maintaining a pleasant cheerful demeanor.
• Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
• Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift.
• Must be able to work in hot, cold, and wet conditions and be able to stoop, kneel, crawl, and climb on all types of surfaces.
• Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace, up to 30 feet in the air.
• Grasping, lifting, and holding tools and having good finger dexterity are required.
• Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property.
• Lifting and moving objects up to 100 pounds.
• Frequent twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, talking, hearing
We are a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen required.
Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront is a relaxing retreat, just seven miles from Melbourne International Airport and located on Florida's Space Coast. We tick all the boxes for a memorable beach vacation – great views, delicious dining, an outdoor pool, and inviting rooms and suites. We also offer 9,000 sq. ft. of flexible event space, a business center, and more to keep you productive.