Benefits are available
Posted October 2, 2021The Dalmar, Fort Lauderdale, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
Growth means OPPORTUNITY and OPPORTUNITY means you!!!
The A/P - A/R Clerk - General Cashier performs accounting responsibilities including collecting daily cash transactions, reconcile receipts, prepare cash deposits for the bank, preparing change orders, Manages Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable, and provides reports as necessary. Will use their knowledge of the businesses’ inventory and services to make recommendations to the Accounting and Operations team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Prepares information for periodic entries to journals.
· Completes daily reports for the Controller / Asst. Controller as directed.
· Collect daily cash and prepares bank deposits. Research cash overages/shortages per policy.
· Prepares reconciles and controls change orders within the property.
· Assists with monthly general ledger closings.
· Accounts for selected prepaid expenses, accruals, and bank reconciliations.
· Maintains and prepares selected balance sheet account reconciliations.
· In concert with the Controller / Asst. Controller, maintains and track capital expenditures.
· Prepares the daily manager’s report.
· Assists in the preparation of corporate schedules quarterly, annually and as requested.
· Maintains county licenses and taxes-monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually.
· Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system (M-3) by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field. Gamming registration
At least 2 years experience in hotel and or casino accounting preferred two or more years of related experience
Familiarity with hospitality industry practices.
Skills and Abilities
Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Ability to communicate in English. Basic comprehension of the English language for the purposes of safety, management direction and job responsibility and interaction with guest.
Ability to talk to others to convey information effectively.
Ability to communicate information and ideas verbally and in writing so others will understand.
Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient time management.
Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities.
Ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination and air quality.
Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort
Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment. While performing job duties, the associate speaks, listens, completes documents, processes requests and operates office equipment such as a telephone, calculator, computer, copier and fax. Physical requirements include extended periods of standing and/or walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 pounds. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.
compensation: Market Competitive
299 North Federal Highway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
209 Room Hotel
THE DALMAR is the first luxury lifestyle hotel in downtown Fort Lauderdale, offering independent design that links West Coast style to an East Coast vibe, with nostalgic nods, contemporary flair, and timeless twists. Each of our 209 guest rooms and suites—some with balconies—affords beautiful views of downtown to the beach. In-room technology includes a 55-inch LCD TV, WiFi for streaming, Alexa and iPad for on-command services. Luxurious linens rest atop a premium pillow top mattress. Bathrooms feature spa showers and exclusively curated bath amenities. Keep fit in the 24-Hour fitness center, take a swim in our outdoor pool, attend a session in the yoga studio, or jump in a shuttle to get to the nearby Beach. Enjoy a night out in Sparrow, our rooftop bar and peer from our 25th story looking over-top of the south Florida coastline. We also offer 4 other dining and drinks options that are popular with the locals.