Posted October 7, 2021DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Our hotel is noted among local employers as the place to be employed if you like to work with people who have fun every day, where managers care about their staff, and the benefits are the best around.
To supervise, direct, assist and assure the completion of housekeeping tasks assigned to Room Attendants and Housepersons in guest rooms and
corridors to maintain Interstate’s high standards of cleanliness. Must be able to work AM & PM shifts, weekends, and holidays.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Visually inspect VIP rooms, guest rooms, and corridors for cleanliness and appearance. Prepare work orders for shampooers to clean carpets and supply room attendants to maintain par stock in closet, etc.
• Train and monitor the performance of room attendants and house persons. Provide organization, instruction, guidance, communication, counseling, as well as exercise good judgment. Ensure all jobs are completed within the shift. Prepare P.M. room status report.
• Take requested inventories of furniture, fixtures, equipment, and supplies, etc. Ensure that both carts and linen/supply closets are kept clean, neat, and stocked according to departmental guidelines. Upon inspection of VIP rooms, make certain all VIP supplies are in place.
• Report all maintenance deficiencies in guest rooms and corridors via work orders. Telephone deficiencies considered emergencies (i.e. overflowing toilets or broken pipes in bathrooms, lights out in bathrooms, closets, or corridors, broken mirror or window) to the maintenance department.
• Expedite special guest requests, such as extra towels, blankets, or pillows.
• Open and Close Housekeeping Department.
• Turns in all lost and found items and all guest room keys.
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
• Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
• Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
• Utilizes protective equipment.
• Reports unsafe conditions to management.
• Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage, or loss to management.
• Provides a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
• All team members must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance. (Specific standards outlined in team member handbook).
• Perform any related duties as requested by management.
• Assists other Housekeeping Personnel when need.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. High School education preferred.
• Minimum six months supervisory experience or one year of comparable Housekeeping experience acceptable.
• Ability to read and write basic English in order to complete forms such as a room status report.
• Ability to provide clear direction, instruction, and guidance to subordinates.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to exercise judgment and implement control over the performance of subordinates.
• Talk to many different kinds of people to give information, answer questions and provide required.
• Ability to lift, reach, bend, stoop, stand and walk continuously, climb stairs, and push or pull heavy equipment
• Pushing two hundred (200) pound carts
• Lifting fifty (50) pounds maximum.
• Stand and walk for varying lengths of time, often long periods
• Frequent twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing, and smiling.
We are a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen required.
1665 N. StateRoute A1A
Melbourne, FL 32903
207 Room Hotel
Feel welcome at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Melbourne Beach Oceanfront. Guests of our all-suite Melbourne, Florida hotel enjoy warm hospitality and a signature walnut and chocolate chip cookie. Stay with us and be just 10 minutes from Melbourne International Airport, close to Disney World® and Orlando attractions, and only steps from the beach.
Select a suite at our hotel in Melbourne Beach with a private balcony or patio view. Each suite features seaside decor, luxurious bedding, complimentary WiFi and two flat-screen televisions. Listen to your favorite music using the alarm clock with an MP3 connection. Take advantage of the in-suite refrigerator and microwave to prepare a snack. Bring the family and stay together in one suite, designed with a separate bedroom and sleeper sofa in the living area.
Our Melbourne Beach hotel in Florida provides a complimentary shuttle to attractions within a three-mile radius. Take advantage of our oceanfront location to create a memorable wedding, social event, board meeting, conference or networking event. All guests have access to the 24-hour business center.
Dine at Seagrapes Restaurant for seafood along with views of the pool and deck. Our modern fitness center is fully equipped with cardio machines and free weights. Take the kids for a dip in our refreshing pool or simply savor a snack at our poolside bar.