Posted October 7, 2021Highline Vail - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Overview of the Director of Housekeeping position
JOB OVERVIEW: Provides supervision and direction for all Housekeeping activities of the hotel to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and guest satisfaction are maintained.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Provide clear direction in assigning and instructing housekeeping and laundry staff in details of work.
3. Plan, organize, and monitor staff activities to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards set by hotel, which requires continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public space areas including restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.
4. Manage finances of housekeeping and laundry operations including budget and inventory controls. Analyze data and compile reports on expenditures, wages, labor, supplies etc. in relation to hotel financial forecasts and budget. Establish and maintain adequate supplies for efficient operation of department.
5. Distribute and delegate work load to guarantee maximum production and guest satisfaction with minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and materials. Monitor house count and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
6. Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for employees and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with hotel hazard communication program.
7. Plan and conduct staff meetings. Attend various other related meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
8. Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, decor, etc. Make recommendations and assist in the coordination of rehab projects.
9. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
11. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
*Must have a minimum of three years housekeeping management experience.
*Hotel housekeeping management preferred.
*Luxury Hotel experience is a plus
*Must have the ability to communicate in English.
Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals. Knowledge of policies applicable to housekeeping, especially those relating to safety and security of guest and hotel property. Basic mathematical skills to prepare moderately complex calculations for financial reporting. Supervisory skills to manage entire housekeeping operation. Ability to deal effectively with employees, vendors, contractors. Ability to coordinate and cooperate with other departments regarding housekeeping services/activities. Ability to stand, walk, bend, reach and move continuously to inspect rooms on all floors of the hotel. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Situated close to the spectacular Vail Mountain, Highline Vail - a DoubleTree by Hilton is a stylish hotel with a 'Mountain Modern' design including three restaurants, ski/bike rental and five massage treatment rooms. We offer a convenient free shuttle to three locations with lift access in Vail Village, making it easy for guests to enjoy the magnificent outdoor activities that the area has to offer. Highline Vail - a DoubleTree by Hilton is also a short distance from other area renowned ski resorts including Beaver Creek and Arrowhead.
Each guestroom has been newly renovated with a mountain modern design and family travel in mind. Daybeds are featured in most guestrooms however; should you require even more space, choose a suite with a separate living area and kitchen.
Enjoy shareable plates and handcrafted cocktails from Pivot62.. Stop by Westside Café, serving casual, American classics for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Tantalizing Mexican fare is on the menu at Casa Mexico.
Our Terrace Ballroom offers indoor/outdoor space opening to the pool deck accommodating up to 150 guests, ideal for social events and meetings alike. Business meetings can also be held in our Wildwood Conference Room and Executive Boardroom.
HVMG participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.