Posted September 8, 2021Even Hotel Brooklyn
EVEN Hotel Brooklyn is searching for a sales leader who thinks differently, who always finds a way to sell more and who wants to continually grow the business. We are searching for that dynamic leader to lead us to goal attainment in 2022 and beyond. Don't miss out on your opportunity to join not only a great hotel, but also a great management company in Crescent Hotels and Resorts. If growth is your thing, then let this be the start of your next career move.
If you fit the qualifications so far, there are just a couple more. The ideal candidate will ideally have market experience, but it isn't required. The position does require, however, previous hotel experience.
JOB OVERVIEW: Maximize total hotel revenue through development and implementation of effective group, transient, and catering strategies based on demand indicators and identifying areas of opportunity for revenue growth, profitability and share shifting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
2. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and Crescent standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement.
4. Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management System, Booking Report, star reports and Sales Meeting minutes
5. Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
6. Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Internally promote Crescent programs.
7. Meet with and entertain clients some of which will require travel.
8. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
9. Initiate preparation of computerized annual Sales & Marketing Plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
10. Organize and/or attend scheduled Sales Department and related meetings.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
12. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The Heart of Our City
Conveniently located near Nevins Station, you'll be in the heart of Brooklyn and near Manhattan when staying at EVEN Hotel Brooklyn. From walking the iconic Brooklyn Bridge to visiting the Brooklyn Museum, the borough's most popular landmarks are just minutes away from our wellness hotel in downtown Brooklyn. Start your day with a quick workout a t our hotel's best-in-class Athletic Studio or jog through Brooklyn Bridge Park as you enjoy stunning views. Then head to Brooklyn Botanic Garden for a morning stroll through perfectly manicured gardens. Later, visit Prospect Park, which was designed by the same architects who engineered Central Park. Food enthusiasts should go to the Williamsburg Smorgasburg to savor delicious food, while sports fans can cheer on the Brooklyn Nets at Barclays Center. If you're in town for business, complimentary Wi-Fi and flexible sit-or-stand workspaces make it easy to stay productive during your stay.