Posted October 9, 2021Highline Vail - a DoubleTree by Hilton
The beautiful Highline Vail DoubleTree by Hilton has an opening for an experienced, dynamic, customer service oriented to fill the position of Food and Beverage Supervisor. In this role, you will be supervising and assisting with the daily operation of the department.
We offer excellent benefits to include health, dental, vision, life, short-term/long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with a match, vacation, sick, holiday pay, hotel room discounts, ski passes, bus passes and much more!!!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Supervise day-to-day shift activities of one or more food and beverage outlet(s). Assist in communicating and enforcing policies and procedures.
2. Recommend disciplinary or other staffing/human resources-related actions per company rules and policies — alert management of potentially dangerous issues.
3. Ensure all staff is appropriately trained and have the tools and equipment needed to carry out their job functions effectively.
4. Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Maintain appropriate service recovery guidelines to ensure total guest satisfaction.
5. Assist in maintaining and enforcing procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of restaurant inventory, and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and control costs.
6. Ensure that all restaurant equipment (coffee and soda machines, registers, etc.) is in proper operational condition and is cleaned regularly. Ensure that all restaurant facilities are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volumes. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
7. Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
At least one year of experience in a similar position leading an F&B team
Experience in a hotel a plus
Food handler Responsible Server of Alcohol certifications
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Always maintain a professional appearance and manner. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Strong knowledge of Food & Beverage operations and service, wines, and preparation techniques. Exceptional mathematical abilities to determine and track inventory, controls, revenue productions, and other hotel financial statements. Ability to work entire shift standing and moving about in restaurants and kitchen area. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and resolve conflicts. Ability to lift/carry weight up to 50 pounds. Ability to push/and pull carts of products weighing up to 150 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Situated close to the spectacular Vail Mountain, Highline Vail - a DoubleTree by Hilton is a stylish hotel with a 'Mountain Modern' design including three restaurants, ski/bike rental and five massage treatment rooms. We offer a convenient free shuttle to three locations with lift access in Vail Village, making it easy for guests to enjoy the magnificent outdoor activities that the area has to offer. Highline Vail - a DoubleTree by Hilton is also a short distance from other area renowned ski resorts including Beaver Creek and Arrowhead.
Each guestroom has been newly renovated with a mountain modern design and family travel in mind. Daybeds are featured in most guestrooms however; should you require even more space, choose a suite with a separate living area and kitchen.
Enjoy shareable plates and handcrafted cocktails from Pivot62.. Stop by Westside Café, serving casual, American classics for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Tantalizing Mexican fare is on the menu at Casa Mexico.
Our Terrace Ballroom offers indoor/outdoor space opening to the pool deck accommodating up to 150 guests, ideal for social events and meetings alike. Business meetings can also be held in our Wildwood Conference Room and Executive Boardroom.
HVMG participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.