Posted September 10, 2021Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards
The essential job functions of a Security Officer at the Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor are but not limited too:
1. Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Requires verbal communication using pager and two way radio, bending, stooping and kneeling.
2. Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, and assisting with door lock problems. Coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct and potential violations of hotel policy as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, associates, patrons and property. Requires grasping, lifting and or carrying or otherwise moving persons, packages, luggage, wheelchairs and safety equipment using manual dexterity of hands.
3. Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering around building. Conduct walk through observations of entire hotel. Promote safe work practices.
4. Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
5. Observe the security monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
6. Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
7. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
Associates at the Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor perform any other job related duties as assigned to foster a team environment at the hotel.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
An elevated travel experience awaits you at Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards. Nestled within the city's thriving Arts & Entertainment district, our hotel offers unparalleled access to Baltimore landmarks including the National Aquarium, M&T Bank Stadium, Royal Farms Arena and Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Stretch out in stylish rooms and suites featuring high-speed Wi-Fi access, Plug-In technology panels, flat-screen TVs and featherbed mattresses. Watch sports as you enjoy seafood and drinks at The Yard, which boasts a unique wine and beer wall, or stop by Bricknfire for a slice of artisanal pizza. Our hotel also offers a 24-hour gym for your convenience. If you're hosting an event in the Inner Harbor, we provide 18,472 square feet of indoor and outdoor space, as well as comprehensive planning and catering services. We're also near the Convention Center, for those attending events at that venue.