The Account Director, Belgium will manage and grow high value and large potential Share of Wallet accounts for Hilton on all segments, including and not limited to: Corporate Transient, Groups, Associations, Leisure and Airlines. The Account Director will be accountable for the performance of selected accounts on a local, national and global basis. They will create and communicate the account strategies in order to drive increased market share and demonstrate value to both internal and external customers. The role will consist in increasing market share within an existing account portfolio but also increase this portfolio to tackle new and high potential companies. The position is based in Brussels (Belgium) and is reporting to the Director of Sales of Paris Hub.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 118 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to join our team. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
The Account Director, Belgium is accountable for the performance of their key and strategic accounts. To do this, they need to proactively manage the relationships with customers as well as internal stakeholders such as VP’s, GMs, DBD’s, Hotel Managers. They need to create and communicate the account strategies in order to drive increased and unfair share and is responsible for the implementation and execution of various projects that will drive this unfair share. The role holder is owner agnostic.
- Planning Activities 20%
- Develops strategies and directions for accounts in remit.
- Identifies and evaluates business opportunities for the company and directs accordingly.
- Executes strategic account development plans and supports communications of key messages internally and externally.
- Develops plans to implement long term goals for the business that are the basis for short term goals and annual operational planning.
- Develops appropriate objectives and directs their achievement.
- Establishes relevant procedures and processes.
- Accountable for the delivery of the strategy and activities of the sales function.
- Total account management focus where applicable.
- Quickly determine the segments within the accounts that provide the greater opportunities.
Organising Activities 40%
- Identifies resources, oversees activities and confers with key stakeholders to ensure objectives of the team (where applicable) and sales function are accomplished.
- Implements plans to ensure overall strategic direction of the account base and supports the company’s revenue strategies.
- Develops account plans that specify objectives and sales activities to support the defined account strategy and ensure maximum opportunity for account penetration.
- Establishes and develops long term effective working relationships with key customers to drive business.
- Depending on the segment,
- Manages the RFP process ensuring the correct procedures are in place to support the client and drive business into Hilton, for corporate transient clients as well as airlines
- Handles the strategic relationship with MICE / CMTG clients and handles group requests, at times supported by a coordinator or venue finder (may be specializing on a specific segment like Sports or Pharma)
- Handles the strategic relationship with leisure operators (e.g. including rate negotiations, intermediary agreements, sales promotions)
- Ensures relevant updates are sent both to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitors and reviews the impact of marketing initiatives on the account strategy.
- Networking with sub account handlers and global leads where relevant.
- Strengthening relationships with key hotels and aligning strategies where relevant.
- Accountable for communicating the strategy, ADP, and activities on a regular basis, along with relevant issues, opportunities and successes.
- Manages cross-functional links to other teams, departments and functions.
- Regular meetings to take place to account base throughout the sales territory.
- Attends relevant industry conferences and events.
- Develop account portfolio through prospection of new clients
Controlling Activities (where applicable) 10%
- Directs and implements proper controls and systems.
- Assesses actual performance to ensure success and takes corrective actions.
- Establishes and enforces policies and procedures to improve overall operations.
- Works within approved budgets and adjusts activities and expenses to ensure optimal financial results.
- Develops and maintains Hilton Best Practice to ensure accurate and up-to-date customer account information is kept.
- To ensure information relating to customer requirements, interests and marketing activities is kept up to date through the use of relevant Hilton procedures.
- To provide accurate management reports to review account performance and communicate future plans.
- Reviews customer base to determine new opportunities for account penetration.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- To communicate regularly with hotels to ensure productive and effective meetings are established and customer information cross referenced and to ensure relevant hotels are well aware of the ‘Customer value’ when dealing with a tender coming from a specific customer.
- Attendance at sales workshops.
- Support sales weeks and blitzes.
- Support joint calls for colleagues visiting.
- Organise fam trips and support the hotels with client attendance.
- Host webex calls for the key hotels to support with conversion.
- Additional task may be required
What are we looking for?
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent communication skills: presentations, written and public speaking
- Good understanding of sales process, tools, measurements and systems
- Good knowledge of market segments and pricing strategies
- Understanding of competition and marketing strategies
- Strong in account management
- Strong persuading and influencing skills
- Ability to direct collaboration among cross-functional teams including external resources
- Ability to analyse departmental financial data in order to make strategic and tactical decisions
- Leads by example to resolve conflicts, introduce change and ensure collaboration among others
- Demonstrates the highest standards of ethical behaviour and absolute discretion with sensitive information
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement actions required to achieve functional goals
- Strong problem-solving skills including ability to address any issue in collaboration with others, identify and prevent potential problems and develop problem solving skills in others
- Ability to provide development and mentoring to others
- Budget development and management skills
- Ability to work independently and manage the work of others
- Ability to deliver performance feedback to subordinates to improve overall performance
- Ability to adjust plans and priorities as situations change
- Prioritises, organises and uses a systematic approach to get things done
- Ability to think and articulate a vision for business sales and capable of translating this into practical and tangible actions
- Self-reliant, working with minimal control and direction
- Takes calculated risks to achieve results in consultation with immediate supervisor and other relevant team members
- Contributes and is effective when team working with peers
- Has good relationship management skills and presents the appropriate professional image to customers and external contacts
- Can handle more than one task/situation at a time
- University degree or experience in lieu thereof
- Significant work experience in customer facing, revenue generating roles including management experience
- Experience working in multi-cultural or international settings
- Fluency in English
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Advanced degree preferred
- Hospitality industry experience preferred in Sales, Marketing, Revenue or Operating roles
- In-depth knowledge of business sector managed
- International experience advantageous
- Working knowledge of at least one other European language
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organisation like Hilton.