Thank you for applying to one of the most premier places to work in the Northeast Florida! People are our greatest asset and we are currently seeking people like you who have a desire to join our team.
EDUCATION: Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language at a sufficient level to communicate with staff.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: Experience is preferred but not necessary, will train. Valid Florida driver’s license preferred.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have an understanding of the terms clean and sanitary.
JOB SUMMARY: To provide clean and sanitized dishes, utensils, pots for cooks, servers, bartenders, guests andmembers to use. Remove all trash, clean and mop floors. Maintain cleanliness of equipment.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES: Must be able to work on feet for at least eight hours at a time. Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds, not limited to trash removal. Must be able to work in a hot and wet environment.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
1. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to include weekends, holidays and split shifts.
2. Arrive to work on time, consistently.
3. Upon entering the property, arrive in proper uniform, crisp, clean and in good condition.
4. Hair must be clean and cut in a becoming style; management has final approval.
5. Attend all required training, safety courses; attend office and departmental meetings.
6. Report any safety hazards, follow up that hazard has been corrected, and assist with providing a safe work environment.
7. Insure all pots, pans, glasses and plates, etc. are clean by hand washing and/or running all items through the dishwasher.
8. Set up pre-soak for silverware. Run silverware through dishwasher twice once on the flat rack and once in the green basket, separated with handles up.
9. Participate in kitchen cleaning schedule.
10. Perform tasks as requested by other kitchen personnel.
11. At end of shift, remove all waste cans, take out mats, take out mops, mop the floor and clean work area.
12. If authorized to drive a company vehicle, inform the Executive Chef or Human Resources Department if any changes in status of driver’s license.
13. Assist in the set up and break down of food stations and buffet lines, as needed.
14. Be willing to work in a team atmosphere.
15. Take responsibility for cleanliness and organization of all kitchen areas and assigned locations.
16. Perform any other jobs that will assist in an efficient and top quality running kitchen as assigned by the Utility Supervisor, Sous Chef or Executive Chef.
Echoing Old World grandeur and romance, a distinctive Mediterranean-inspired architectural character is reflected throughout The Lodge’s ten seaside acres. A dramatic portico, beachside courtyard, wrought-iron lampposts, classic archways, Spanish tile roofing, ornamental turrets, awnings, trellises and balconies all combine to create the illusion of a romantic seaside European village.
Guests of this peaceful refuge, nestled atop a gentle cascade of sand dunes overlooking the blue Atlantic, appreciate the graceful service, elegant attitude and stylish comfort afforded by this premier oceanfront retreat.