Downtown Flint is on the rise! Sauce, is set to cater for all occasions with modern Italian food featuring local Michigan ingredients. Are you ready to be a part of the best in the city!?
JOB OVERVIEW: The Sous Chef will be responsible for preparing, cooking, and presenting food to our guests and customers. You will need to develop new dishes, determine specials of the day, and put together a menu that feels fresh and exciting to our guests meeting our core brand standards yet using your creativity to keep our guests coming back. You will need to be comfortable with table side visits to engage our customers. We are looking for a creative, innovative, and proficient in all aspects of food preparation
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions for restaurant.
- Supervises restaurant kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Plans and manages food quantities and plating requirements for the restaurant.
- Communications production needs to key personnel.
- Assists in developing daily and seasonal menu items for the restaurant.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products
- Estimates daily restaurant production needs.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Determines how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
Leading Kitchen Team
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Leads shift teams while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Supervises and manages restaurant kitchen employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees” absence.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Ensuring and maintaining the productivity level of employees.
- Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
Establishing and Maintaining Restaurant Kitchen Goals
- Sets and supports achievement of kitchen goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Developing specific guidance and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish daily kitchen operations work.
- Understands the impact of kitchen operation on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Effectively investigates, reports and follows-up on employee accidents.
- Knows and implements company safety standards.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Participates in training restaurant staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
- Manages employee progressive discipline procedures.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
- Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with appropriate skills.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)