We hire good-natured people with the ability to great things.
Business partner with Director of Finance and GM in providing insightful forecasts, accurate historical reporting and detailed, proactive operating profitability analyses. Experience working in a complex hotel environment which includes multiple F&B operations.
• Prepares detailed, rolling forecasts, reflecting revenue and expense management actions being taken resulting in strong flow through.
• Works closely with Hotel GM as a business partner providing insightful analysis on operating profitability and suggests proactive actions required to accomplish business results
• Leads financial results portion of monthly operating reviews with GM and Ownership articulating informative descriptions of historical results and updated forecasts
• Generates accurate financial statements and works with external auditors to confirm results
• Reviews and approves monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
• Provides support to hotel on implementing procedures or clarifying policies and standards.
• Provides monthly financial forecasts/reviews and critiques with GM and Hotel team
• Prepares hotel budgets and advises the GM on strategies to get to acceptable results.
• Ensures all accounting controls are in place and that there is segregation of duties
• Attends team member meetings and provides assistance in fiscal and operational matters
• Ensures timely filing of all tax returns and payments
• Analyzes and implements ideas for the team to manage the workload without compromising quality
• Motivates and empowers staff to develop and grow, and provides positive and corrective feedback when necessary.
• Prepares daily and monthly cash flow forecasts
• Ability to assist in future acquisitions and take-overs
• Any and all other duties deemed necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Detailed hotel industry performance knowledge
• Knowledge of industry best practices
• Accounting expertise
• Analytical skills
• Management and leadership skills
• Knowledge of all facets of operational accounting- Income Audit, A/R, A/P, Payroll
• Knowledge of tax regulations
• Microsoft Office, Hotel back office systems, Point of sale systems
Other Skill Requirements:
• Proactive communicator with GM, Ownership, and Management Company
• Good business sense
• Consistently strives for continuous improvement
• Must be a creative and innovative thinker who can bring thoughts to actions with speed
• Analytical approach to problem solving
• Excellent Owner relations skills
Experience & Qualifications:
• Previous experience in leadership hotel finance position(s)
• Computer skills- Microsoft Office, Financial Systems
• Accounting or Business degree preferred
• Knowledge of tax regulations and reporting requirements
• Proven team leader with a high level of motivation and a proven track record of living the company’s values. Results oriented with an emphasis on both individual and team accountability.
• Direct experience in Hotel Operations
• InfoGenesis, BirchStreet, SUN and HMS
SH Hotels & Resorts is committed to providing diversity and equity in our workplace that is representative at all levels, for the communities we serve. We celebrate equal employment opportunities embracing an environment of mutual respect and inclusion that embraces race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. It’s a responsibility we all share—it’s 1 world.
As part of the 1 Hotels Central Park team, you’re welcoming friends, old and new, while connecting them to the community around you. It’s natural and uncomplicated. It’s an opportunity to deliver informed service with a conscience in a way that’s distinctively you.
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities and perks that drive your passion for nature such as:
Creating a culture of inclusivity is our responsibility as human beings—to each other, and to the 1 beautiful world we share. We stand together in our pledge to grow diverse and equitable representation for everyone in our growing community of team members, guests, and partners.
SH Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer