Free Parking, Free Meals, Hotel Discount Program
Posted September 7, 2022DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jacksonville Riverfront
OUTSTANDING OPPORTUNITY FOR A CUSTOMER FOCUSED INDIVIDUAL
The DoubleTree by Hilton Jacksonville Riverfront is a 293 deluxe room, full service contemporary hotel located in the heart of downtown Jacksonville on the south bank of the St. Johns River. The hotel is a 10 story tower with 33 suites and 12,000 square feet of meeting space that can be divided in to 18 individual meeting rooms. The hotel features a welcoming lobby with sundry shop, lounge, restaurant, and fitness center. The hotel's primary meeting space is located on the first floor and also has contemporary design. Multiple breakout rooms are located on the 2nd floor/atrium level of the hotel. The hotel restaurant, St. Johns Provision Company, offers eclectic selections with regional inspiration. Its partnering dual purpose lounge with soft seating is adjacent and compliments the restaurant. The lounge has an intimate environment and provides cozy option for casual dining in the evening hours. The fitness center is spacious for the size of the property and has a variety of both aerobic and strength equipment/stations. The pool deck offers relaxed seating cabanas with fire pits and is a window to the south bank river walk and downtown Jacksonville.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist with preventative maintenance and complete report work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc., to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality standard.
2. Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis (e.g., "room care").
3. Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
4. Assist in checking and making routine repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, pool equipment, HVAC, hand and power tools and general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
5. Service the hotel's pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
6. Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal" (e.g., lawn care, painting, gardening).
7. Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures if needed.
8. Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
9. Exposure to extreme temperatures.
10. Operation of heavy machinery.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
12. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Climbing, reading, standing, walking and routinely lifting 25 lbs to 50 lbs. Must be able to receive instructions and communicate progress of work assignments.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Our Town Hospitality staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Our Town Hospitality associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Our Town Hospitality. Every Our Town Hospitality associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
1201 Riverplace Boulevard
Jacksonville, FL 32207
293 Room Hotel
Located in the vibrant downtown area on Southbank of St. John's River, DoubleTree by Hilton Jacksonville Riverfront offers a modern experience for the discerning business or leisure traveler. This top pick among hotels in Jacksonville, FL has 293 upscale accommodations; multiple dining options, including Ruth’s Chris Steak House; a new connectivity zone to keep business travelers linked in; Hilton Honors Digital Key technology; an expanded Precor fitness studio, and large riverfront pool and sundeck.
Meeting and event planners appreciate the sprawling event space at our Downtown Jacksonville hotel, comprising 12,000 square feet for up to 500 guests. Ideal for out-of-town wedding guests and conference attendees, DoubleTree is a conveniently located hotel near the Jacksonville airport, situated just 15 miles from Jacksonville International Airport (JAX).