Medical / Dental / Vision / Hotel Discounts / Voluntary Products / 401k / Pet insurance and more
Posted November 12, 2021El Chorro
Join the stellar culinary team at El Chorro ... one of Arizona's MOST iconic dining and event destinations! Recently purchased and now managed by Classic Hotels & Resorts, you are joining a family, not just a property, whose culture is driven by HEART!
Summary of Position:
The Line Cook PM Shift is responsible for preparation, set-up, and maintenance of all meat, fish, poultry, and other food items prepared in the broiler and sauté station.
• Prepare daily requisition for supplies and food items
• Prepare all food items according to specific recipes or as specified on guest checks.
• Visually inspect, select, and use only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of menu items
• Check and control the proper storage of product, especially on specific cuts of meat.
• Keep all refrigeration and storage areas clean and organized, complying with health department regulations
• Keep all working areas clean and organized, complying with health department standards
• Other supportive functions as determined by the supervisor.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Culinary or apprenticeship program preferred
Experience: Minimum 3 years cooking experience in a similar environment required. Broiler and sauté experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking, i.e. sauces, stocks, and cooking procedures
• Knowledge of the acceptable standards of sanitation
• Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, etc…
• Ability to butcher fish and/or meat
• Basic mathematical skills to prepare recipes
• Ability to understand and comply with all Health Department standards
• Ability to memorize and perform Company Culture and standards, as well as Mystery shopper standards
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language (preferred)
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at El Chorro.
El Chorro’s leaders and associates believe each guest (internal and external) should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at El Chorro, associates must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.
Rich tradition, culinary excellence, and unparalleled romance come together at El Chorro to create an experience that is purely Paradise Valley. Cozily nestled between Scottsdale and Phoenix, Paradise Valley’s historic El Chorro offers an authentic Arizona dining experience. Generations of Valley residents and visitors have travelled to this serene setting at the base of the stunning Camelback and Mummy mountains. With its breathtaking views and unmatchable Arizona charm, El Chorro is an excellent setting for any occasion — be it a relaxed brunch, romantic dinner, or the wedding of your dreams.
About the Company:
As a family-owned company, the mission of Classic Hotels & Resorts is to attract and retain innovative, results-driven individuals who will foster a service culture built upon our foundation of family-oriented core values. Classic Hotels & Resorts’ leaders and team members share a vision…to create A HEARTfelt Experience…BEyond Expectations, connecting with our guests emotionally and ensuring they return again and again. In order to be successful at any of our world-class properties, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests, and embracing our BEyond Expectations standards. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our properties and our company.
El Chorro provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, El Chorro complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.