Posted November 25, 2021Highline Vail - a DoubleTree by Hilton
$1,000 Season Bonus!!
Surrounded by beautiful Colorado scenery and located only minutes away from Vail Mountain, the Highline Vail, a DoubleTree by Hilton, offers a unique and relaxing experience to our guests during their stay and an amazing environment for our associates to work in. We are currently looking for outgoing, energetic, and customer service oriented individuals to fill the position of maintenance tech.
We have an excellent benefits package to offer to our Full-Time Associates to include, health, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with a match, Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Hotel Room Discounts, Ski Pass, Bus Pass, and much more!!!
As a Maintenance Tech you would be responsible for performing general maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality standards are achieved and maintained.
We offer excellent benefits to include health, dental, vision, life, short-term/long-term disability, 401(k) with a match, ski passes, hotel rooms discounts, vacation, sick, holiday pay and much more!
JOB OVERVIEW: Perform general maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality standards are achieved and maintained.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist with preventative maintenance and complete report work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc., to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality standard.
2. Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis (e.g., "room care").
3. Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
4. Assist in checking and making routine repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, pool equipment, HVAC, hand and power tools and general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
5. Service the hotel's pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
6. Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal" (e.g., snow removal, lawn care, painting, gardening).
7. Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures if needed.
8. Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
9. Exposure to extreme temperatures.
10. Operation of heavy machinery.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
12. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Climbing, reading, standing, walking and routinely lifting 25 lbs to 50 lbs. Must be able to receive instructions and communicate progress of work assignments.
Must have at least one year of experience in a similar position
Hotel experience a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Situated close to the spectacular Vail Mountain, Highline Vail - a DoubleTree by Hilton is a stylish hotel with a 'Mountain Modern' design including three restaurants, ski/bike rental and five massage treatment rooms. We offer a convenient free shuttle to three locations with lift access in Vail Village, making it easy for guests to enjoy the magnificent outdoor activities that the area has to offer. Highline Vail - a DoubleTree by Hilton is also a short distance from other area renowned ski resorts including Beaver Creek and Arrowhead.
Each guestroom has been newly renovated with a mountain modern design and family travel in mind. Daybeds are featured in most guestrooms however; should you require even more space, choose a suite with a separate living area and kitchen.
Enjoy shareable plates and handcrafted cocktails from Pivot62.. Stop by Westside Café, serving casual, American classics for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Tantalizing Mexican fare is on the menu at Casa Mexico.
Our Terrace Ballroom offers indoor/outdoor space opening to the pool deck accommodating up to 150 guests, ideal for social events and meetings alike. Business meetings can also be held in our Wildwood Conference Room and Executive Boardroom.
HVMG participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.