Under general supervision, perform activities in support of all restaurant operations, food preparation, and presentation.
Supervised by the Sous Chef and First Cook.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists in the development and preparation of menus, food set-up, service and cooking.
2. Follows prescribed menu in setting up hot and cold food lines, chooses proper utensils and ensures appropriate temperatures for menu items.
3. Serves a range of hot and cold food items from counters and steam tables; adds relishes and garnishes according to instructions, ensures that appropriate portions are served.
4. Ensures that thermometers are on hand and food temperature requirements are maintained.
5. Performs activities to provide cleanliness of the entire kitchen, including walk in refrigerator, freezer and dry storage.
6. Maintain the highest standards of personal sanitation.
7. Open and / or close as necessary or assigned.
8. Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies, detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive foods, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions.
9. Assist in training personnel.
10. Know proper safe handling temperatures.
11. Uses safety and latex gloves when appropriate.
12. Knows proper food rotation procedures.
13. Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!