Posted October 5, 2021Delta Hotels Baltimore Hunt Valley
A Guest Services Agent is responsible for greeting and registering guests and checking guests out of the hotel in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Guest Services Agent, you would be responsible for greeting and registering guests and checking guests out of the hotel in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
1. Greet guests and complete the registration process to include, but not limited to, inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirmation of guest information and room rate, selection of rooms, coding electronic keys, promoting marketing programs, providing a welcome packet and ensuring guest knows location of room and/or has a bell person accompany him/her
2. Assist guests with check-out including, but not limited to, ensuring rooms and services are correctly accounted, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, converting foreign currency, making change and processing gift certificates and cards
3. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of hotel information including, but not limited to, room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, the local area and other general product knowledge and answer guest questions and inquiries
4. Use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities and to maximize room occupancy
5. Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
6. Field guest complaints, conduct research and resolve and negotiate solutions for guest satisfaction
7. Receive, input, retrieve and relay messages to guests
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Previous customer service experience required. Previous hotel front desk experience strongly preferred. Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include holidays, nights and weekends. Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Situated on 17-acres, our campus-like environment offers guests a tranquil escape from the tumult of Baltimore. Each of our guestrooms and suites features floor-to-ceiling windows and is luxuriously appointed with elegant decor and smart amenities like complimentary WiFi and plush bedding. Designed for the discerning traveler with elevated expectations, we provide our guests an array of premium touches like a state-of-the-art fitness center, a 24-hour high-tech business center, two pools, and complimentary shuttle service within a three-mile radius. Enjoy a world-class dining experience at the Cinnamon Tree Restaurant, featuring traditional American cuisine in an opulent setting, opt for a casual bite at Cafe 245, or savor a signature handcrafted cocktail in the stylish confines of the Polo Lounge & Bar. Our Hunt Valley, MD hotel near Towson University is the only full-service Marriott in the area.