Posted November 19, 2021Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Under the direction of the Slot Technical Supervisor, the Slot Technician III is responsible for training while on shift for the Floor Technicians, Slot Attendants and Slot Floor Supervisors. The Slot Technician III works closely with the Slot Lead Technicians to ensure slot products are operational and available for revenue generation. The Slot Technician III is required to perform advanced troubleshooting/repair on gaming machines, the communications systems that encompass them (network switches and slot accounting system), and on machine components, while complying with internal controls procedures for department and enterprise policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Works closely with Slot Lead Technicians to address work orders and repair games that are in a state of inoperability, in order to bring them back into service.
2. Troubleshoots gaming machines, ticketing system and slot accounting system; performs general maintenance tasks/repairs to gaming machines and related systems. Assists floor staff with any issues that may arise.
3. Performs advanced machine and component repair, including logic board repair as well as troubleshooting of player tracking and accounting system components.
4. Prepares games, checks part compatibility, and conducts functional testing. Programs game set-up options, as dictated by configuration worksheets, and performs testing for accuracy to ensure games perform within selected options; assumes responsibility for such accuracy.
5. Properly documents repair, preventive maintenance, machine prep, standard power analysis and pre-work site surveying. Reads and translates schematic diagrams as applicable to troubleshooting and planning. Compiles and reports information regarding trends, problems, and engineering issues to supervision. Follows documentation, policies and procedures, and performs tasks with limited supervision.
6. Completes department, enterprise-related documentation. Sends, and receives pertinent work emails in a professional manner.
7. Performs all job duties of the Slot Technician I and Slot Technician II positions as needed for assistance.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Degree or Certification in Electronics preferred.
Minimum one (1) year experience as Slot Technician required.
Must be trained and able to use diagnostic tools and equipment.
Understands basics of machine parts, harnessing, and cabinets of machines in use at casino.
Must continually develop technical skills associated the technical slot department operations; able to pass periodic technical examinations to determine abilities/skill levels.
Must be able to learn to read electronic schematics and color codes.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Must be able to speak and write in English for required communication.
Must possess the physical capabilities to be able to carry machine keys, a radio, and log book on shift.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, is now named Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel. Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.
Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort will debut in December 2021 with the addition of a 17-floor hotel tower featuring 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!