Posted October 6, 2021Detroit Marriott Southfield
Human Resources Assistant
JOB OVERVIEW: Assists in the development, implementation and administration of all Human Resource functions, including recruitment, training and development, benefit administration and associate relations activities, relating to all hotel personnel.
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources/General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Recruitment - Assist and instruct the management staff in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques, as well as recruitment procedures, using methods such as verbal presentations and written directions to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified and efficient associates. Conduct phone screens for all open positions. Onboard and complete new hire orientation for all new hires.
2. Training - Ensure that associates are developed and utilized to their maximum potential by assisting with the implementation, administration and monitoring of all training programs. Instruct training classes, consult with and make recommendations to the management staff for improvement.
3. Monitor the associate performance appraisal programs. Read and analyze evaluations and goals to ensure appraisal comments are appropriate and goals are measurable and achievable. Assist with directing and administering associate relations programs and activities such as associate recognition and service award ceremonies, social functions and general hotel meetings to maintain a positive associate relations climate.
4. Ensure compliance with all State and Federal laws and regulations which pertain to Human Resources by reviewing current management practices, implementing new procedures and communicating verbally and in writing any new requirements.
5. Provide assistance, guidance and counseling to the General Manager, management staff and associates in order to maximize the quality and professionalism of the hotel staff by listening and interpreting concerns and objectives and seeking solutions.
6. Assist with controlling the administration of wages and benefits to ensure the accurate and equitable application of same, analyzing and applying information retrieved from moderately complex reports, manuals and/or computer systems.
7. Coordinate all other pre-selection activities, including drug testing; reference checks, etc., to ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
8. Ensure all new hires and existing associates possess proper employment eligibility verifications.
9. Assist with audit preparations by keeping meticulous records, and following up on missing items.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Working knowledge of Federal and local regulations relating to OSHA and worker's compensation. Thorough knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures as well as considerable knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources matters. Ability to effectively deal with associates and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, resolve conflicts and collect accurate information. Ability to travel to training sessions, hearings, etc. Ability to supervise/direct both subordinate and non-subordinate personnel.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The newly renovated Detroit Marriott Southfield Hotel is one of Detroit's most desirable hotel destinations. With stunning public areas, newly enhanced meeting space and carefully redesigned guest rooms the Detroit Marriott Southfield Hotel caters to the needs of business, leisure and group guests traveling to the Detroit area. This suburban Detroit hotel has a prime location that allows for easy access to the Detroit Zoo, Henry Ford Museum, Comerica Park, Ford Field and many of the other local activities in the area. The Detroit Marriott Southfield Hotel is located near IBM, Verizon, AT&T, and other corporate headquarters that call Detroit home. Our Detroit Hotel offers a solution to all your dining needs at the Fire Iron Grill.