With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We Offer
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- *401(k) retirement plan with company match or Pension
- *Company paid life insurance
- *Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
*Benefits may vary by position so ask your recruiter for details.
The Lounge Cook II is responsible for preparing, cooking and plating hot and cold food items, following all food safety and standards, monitoring food quality, and cleaning kitchen and work equipment.
- Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving food items which may include soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other food and beverage products
- Tastes products, follow menus, estimate food requirements, check production and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment as needed
- Prepares and operates kitchen utensils and/or equipment used for weighing, measuring, mixing, washing, peeling, cutting, grinding, stirring, straining, slicing, assembling and kneading of food products
- Ensures all food and beverages are prepared to established standards
- Maintains a clean and orderly kitchen and work area by washing kitchen equipment, sanitizing surfaces and taking out trash
- Practices excellent food safety and sanitation practices and complies with HACCP standards
- Stores, receives, stocks, dates, rotates, and checks temperature of product throughout work day
- Works and communicates closely with BOH and FOH team members to ensure high level of guest service while doing a variety of time restraint tasks.
- Performs other kitchen duties and assists other cooks as required
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires food preparation skills and knowledge of HACCP standards
- Requires a minimum of 4 years of closely related cooking experience in a premium airport lounge or fine dining restaurant establishment
- Requires food knowledge pertaining to Sauces, Soups, Sauté, Broiler, Fry, and Pantry
- Requires ability to demonstrate tact and discretion in interactions with premium clientele
- Requires ability to maintain a presentable and polished appearance in keeping with service standards for premium clientele
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Requires ability to work long hours, while standing.
- Possess strong sanitation habits.
- Ability to multi-task and ability to interact with customers and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)