The Floor Captain is responsible for assisting management in monitoring the day-to-day activities of associate productivity, assigning responsibility, providing work directions and monitoring the schedule for adequate shift coverage. Responsible for maintaining lounge spaces and complying with established service standards of customer service, staffing, appearance, cleanliness, and food and beverage.
- Ensures all food and beverage, menus, equipment and spaces are set to established standards
- Provides comprehensive floor presence, monitors day-to-day activities, productivity and assigns work responsibility to associates
- Monitors and coordinates associate shift schedules and breaks for hourly associates to ensure the lounge is staffed correctly
- Maintains and enforces service and guest experience standards
- Conducts inventory, orders liquor, beer, wine, and food and receives all purchases
- Monitors quality and consistency of products and displays
- Follows all customer payment, food safety, loss prevention, and Human Resources policies and procedures
- Ensures that associates are in correct uniform and following health regulations and all other HMSHost and airline service standards. Assesses and coordinates on-the-job training for associates
- Occasionally assists other team members wherever necessary during peak business times and while covering breaks. Maintains good working relationships
- Provides input for hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other status change of associates
- Utilizes associate’s strengths and provides ongoing feedback that reflects on progress against individual development goals and business goals
- Ensures a positive guest experience for all customers and resolves customer complaints in a manner consistent with policy, and with customer satisfaction in mind
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience at lead level in a premium airport lounge or food and beverage establishment with high service standards
- Requires front or back-of-the-house experience.
- Requires ability to demonstrate tact and discretion in interactions with premium clientele
- Requires ability to maintain a presentable and polished appearance in keeping with service standards for premium clientele
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs
- Must be customer focus, a team player and be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and some holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)