At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Event Concierge program has been created to not only meet, but more importantly exceed the expectations of the meeting planners and guests. The Event Concierge is responsible for double-checking all function rooms prior to start time to ensure total satisfaction with facilities and equipment per the client’s specifications. The idea of the Event Concierge is to have someone constantly on the floor and at the complete disposal of the client. The Event Concierge can be reached via the 2-way radio on F/B channel. They should respond to any request within 5 minutes and resolve the request within 15 minutes. The Event Concierge is the liaison between the hotel and the meeting planner. They will handle everything from tracking boxes, getting scissors or a doorstop, to bringing the meeting planner their first cup of coffee in the morning.
The Event Concierge monitors the planner’s personal and practical needs throughout their stay, solving possible pitfalls and seeing opportunities before they occur.
Event Concierge Job Specifications:
• Perform Meeting Room Inspections
• Constantly Monitor Customer Personal and Practical Needs, making sure that they are satisfied throughout the entire day.
• Immediate Response is Key (Respond within 5 minutes, resolve with 15 minutes)
• Provide added services to repeat customers who may have hinted to something previously.
• Engineering/maintenance walkthroughs
• Cleanliness walkthroughs
• Provide feedback to other departments involved in planning and organizing the function
• Meet and Greet Site inspections when possible
• Attend Pre-Convention and Tie-Down Meetings
• Confirm that VIP rooms are set accordingly
• Monitor and assist with directing traffic (during busy times) and elevator turns
• Locate boxes and retrieve them when appropriate
• Monitor trashcan levels in meeting rooms and staff offices.
• If handwritten sign is placed, go to business center and have them remake a typed sign.
• Service Recovery (turn a negative experience into a positive experience before the guest departs the hotel)
• Constant contact and communication with the guest
• Special projects when scheduling allows
• Anticipate the customer’s need before it actually becomes one!
• Cleanliness/organization of the back hallways
• Learning the group program in detail
• Greet every guest with a smile
• Use the guest’s name at every opportunity
• Provide quick and efficient service
• Offer assistance and provide options
• Thank the guest and invite them back
Experience the Crescent City like never before at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans. Our AAA Four Diamond property is the Big Easy's premier destination for meetings, conventions and leisure visitors alike.
The hotel features 1,193 strikingly sophiscated guestrooms - including four presidential suites and five residential-style meeting planner suites - along with 200,000 square feet of state-of-the-art event space, making it the largest hotel meeting and exhibition space in New Orleans.
Promising a new level of service and facilities, our hotel is a one-stop shop for guests and meeting planners alike. Enjoy award-winning cuisine at
Borgne, the latest restaurant by James Beard award winning chef John Besh, 8 Block Kitchen & Bar, Vitascope Hall, Whole Hog Cafe and Pizza Consegna. You'll also love the convenience of Starbucks™ and Lagniappe Exchange, our 24 hour fresh market.
Take advantage of our prime downtown New Orleans location - adjacent to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans Arena, and Champions Square - and just blocks from the historic French Quarter New Orleans, Ernest N. Morial Convention Center and the Mississippi Riverfront. Sit back and relax while sightseeing on the Loyola Avenue Streetcar Line which passes directly in front of the hotel, or take a walk to the numerous New Orleans fine art galleries in the nearby Art District.