To maintain a sanitary environment for food and beverage preparation and storage as well as provide clean serviceware and utensils for the entire food and beverage operation.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Select, train, schedule, supervise and counsel all members of stewarding department in accordance with established standards for safety, productivity and performance. Delegate dish and equipment washing and silver polishing activities.
- Direct staff in maintaining the cleanliness of the back of the house areas, which include; main kitchen, storage areas, dumpster, loading dock, employees cafeteria, and warewashing areas. Manage general cleaning schedule so that the food service areas meet or exceed the health inspection requirements.
- Maintain the inventory and coordinate the distribution of all big four items: china, glassware, linen and silver which also includes visual inspection to ensure cleanliness and safe transportation.
- Control the equipment storage areas and the issuance of equipment for the Food Service department. This includes maintaining the cleanliness and good operating condition of house kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, refrigerators, ovens, icemakers, walkins, dish machines, etc.
- Organize and conduct preshift and departmental meetings to advise staff of forecasted expectations. Attend other relevant meetings.
- Perform general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Assure that ample cleaning supplies and warewash detergents are on hand. These costs cannot exceed monthly forecast budgets.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as assist banquet and catering staff and move supplies and equipment.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to visually inspect cleanliness.
- Ability to count serviceware during Big Four inventory.
- Ability to push/pull service carts weighing up to 500 lbs.
- Ability to grasp, hold and carry items weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to read and speak basic English so as to fully comprehend job requests, caution notices, event orders and similar written materials.
- Ability to retrieve items from 8" shelves.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the facility for long periods of time, eight hours or more and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school education preferred.
- Working knowledge of kitchens, equipment, food production, sanitation and safety.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- Free Group Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Vacation, Personal Days
- 401k + Matching
- Hilton Team Member Travel Discount!
- Crescent Hotel & Resorts Travel Discount!
- Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Accident Insurance
- and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)