Opportunity: Staff Accountant
This position will be responsible for daily maintenance of the general ledger, including posting entries and participating in the accounting close process. In addition this position will have responsibility for maintaining numerous sub-ledgers, such as accounts payable, accounts receivable and fixed assets.
Potential Career Path
Senior Accountant – Accounting Manager – Director of Financial Reporting
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain the Company’s general ledger through preparation of monthly and quarterly journal entries. Ensure that all journal entries have been recorded and are property supported. Periodically review the general ledger for errors and anomalies and investigate these issues to ensure appropriate actions are taken. Prepare and maintain reconciliations or account analysis to support all accounts on the general ledger.
- Assist in closing the general ledger. This includes preparation and maintenance of necessary analysis and supporting documentation. Ensure all inter-company accounts are property eliminated and recorded.
- Promote adherence and seek ways to improve the internal controls and accounting processes of the Company. Support the Company’s efforts to comply with the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002 (SOx).
- Support the external auditors in their examination of the Company’s financing statements and internal controls over financial reporting. Respond to auditor’s requests for information.
- Assist the Manager of Taxation in preparation of tax filings and compliance with requirements.
- The finance and accounting function operates in a team environment and is focused on continuous improvement. The Staff Accountant will be called upon to assist other areas with special projects.
Knowledge and Skills Principles
- Knowledge of accounting and ability to learn the functionality of new systems.
- Pays close attention to detail and accuracy, and is successful with meeting reporting deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Must be flexible, adaptable to change, and a team player. Ability to interact with various levels and departments within the Company.
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Overtime is required as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related major.
- Prior experience with general ledger system a plus.
Work Environment and Context
- Requires sitting for extended periods, use of hands and fingers to operate computers and keyboards.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It