Driftwood Hospitality Management’s company culture empowers our associates to take initiative, be proactive, and contribute to the success of their property with well-defined strategies and objectives. Driftwood Hospitality Management is renowned for our fully integrated approach to hospitality services — all with outstanding client service. Our team is made up of the best talent in the hospitality industry, down to every employee, position, and hotel.
The new Staybridge Suites, from the IHG Portfolio of Hotels located in Wilmington, Delaware is seeking an enthusiastic, hands-on General Manager! The hotel is slated to open May of 2022. Featuring 134 suite-style rooms with a contemporary look and feel, includes a lobby lounge, fitness center, sundries shop and a business center with meeting space.
We are seeking a General Manager who will share the pride of this exciting new hotel and who will lead its team to success at this beautiful location! This hotel will flourish with energetic leadership focused on training, team building, customer service, and marketing.
- Managing the pre-opening responsibilities, including coordinating and collaborating with vendors, contractors, and the brand to ensure timely completion of tasks and projects.
- Develop short- and long-term financial and operational plans for the hotel that support overall Brand objectives which meet or exceed budget.
- Prepare annual hotel budget.
- Execute and monitor sales and marketing plans.
- Monitor and correct the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and monthly financial reports.
- Maintain and correct product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints.
- Establish and maintain effective programs to ensure the security and safety of guests, associates, and hotel assets.
- Establish and maintain effective programs and practices to ensure associates’ training, motivation, mentoring, counseling, and development.
- Establish and maintain a proactive human resources function to ensure compliance with wage / benefit regulations and administration, fair and consistent treatment of all associates and an environment free from harassment
- 3-5 years General Manager experience - preferably IHG Brand
- Pre-opening experience preferred
- Knowledgeable of Quality Assurance and Franchise Compliance
- Strong customer service skills & strong guest satisfaction skills
- Financial leadership to manage labor, expenses and hotel budget
- Requires good communication skills to relate to guests, employees, and management company
- Must have excellent team leadership skills and the ability to train & motivate employees
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of all hotel departments and functions.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of applicable Federal, state, and local health, safety, and legal regulations.
- Occasional travel required.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Room Discounts
- Employee Food and Beverage Discounts
EEO: Driftwood Hospitality Management is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.