For chic, stylish, and cultured leisure and business travelers, Le Meridien St Louis Clayton is the hotel that best delivers the art of travel by curating modern, unique, and sophisticated guest experiences that pay homage to the European influence of St. Louis. Le Meridien St Louis Clayton is currently looking for a guest service focused individual to join our guest service team!
Greet and register guests, provide prompt and courteous service, and close out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet Crescent and brand high standards of quality. Serve our guests in the pursuit of discovery, tailoring each experience to the individual.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Crescent and brand marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- This position will be required to work two (2) overnight shift a week
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Guest Service
- Positive attitude with a ‘team’ mentality
- Knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to effectively deal with both internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect information, and resolve conflict.
- Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations and respond in a calm manner.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with associates and guests.
- Knowledge of Lightspeed Reservation system (Preferred)
As an associate with Crescent Hotels & Resorts you can enjoy the following perks:
- Competitive wages
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off
- Benefit package – medical, dental, vison
- Travel discounts