Do you have a passion for creating memorable banquet food? Are you interested in being a part of a team that is focused on providing an elevated banquet experience? Then The Westin Chicago Lombard is for you! We are seeking an Executive Sous Chef to partner with our Executive Chef. The ideal candidate will work with the Executive Chef on menus that wow. We are the only 4 star full service hotel in DuPage County. We also boast 500 rooms and suites, along with over 40,000 sf of event space. This is a fantastic opportunity, at a completely renovated hotel. Don't miss out on your opportunity to join not only a great hotel, but also a great management company in Crescent Hotels and Resorts. If growth is your thing, then let this be the start of your next career move.
If you fit the qualifications so far, there are just a couple more. The ideal candidate will have previous hotel experience. This position requires prior culinary supervisory or management experience. Requires previous banquet experience.
JOB OVERVIEW: Responsible for all aspects of managing the kitchen and kitchen personnel, ensuring the quality preparation of all menu items and proper handling/storage of all food items as directed by the Executive Chef. Coordinate the purchase of all food and maintain menus, maintaining approved food costs and labor costs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and ensure associate compliance with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
2. train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Establish the day's priorities and assign production and preparation tasks for staff to execute.
4. Create menu specials and receive feedback from Executive Chef.
5. Review banquet event orders and make note of any changes.
6. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
7. Take physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory.
8. Ensure quality of products received.
9. Meet with the Steward to review equipment needs, banquet plate up assistance, cleaning schedule/project status, health/safety and sanitation follow up.
10. Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled; document any late or absent employees.
11. Ensure that each kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies and equipment to meet the business demand.
12. Ensure that recipe cards, production schedules, plating guides, photographs are current and posted.
13. Ensure that all staff prepares menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
14. Monitor performance of staff and ensure all procedures are completed to the department standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
15. Observe guest reactions and confer with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
16. Conduct frequent walk throughs of each kitchen area and direct respective personnel to correct any deficiencies. Ensure that quality and details are being maintained.
17. Assist The Executive Chef in menu development and execution.
18. Work with catering department to ensure guest satisfaction and exceeding/meeting guest expectations.
19. Review sales and food cost with the Executive Chef to ensure the department is meeting budgeted costs.
20. Ensure that excess items are utilized efficiently.
21. Oversee and direct training of new hires in specified phases of the kitchen operation. Maintain an on-going training program for existing staff. Back to basics training maintained.
22. Maintain hotel policies and standards.
23. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
24. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
An empowering experience awaits you at The Westin Chicago Lombard, a dynamic destination for business travelers and vacationing families. Our hotel is located in the western suburbs of Chicago, providing a complimentary shuttle to the nearby Metra station, which takes you directly into the city. Stretch out in your intuitively appointed room or suite and enjoy amenities including the Westin Heavenly® Bed and White Tea by Westin™ bathroom products. Move well in the WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio, or rejuvenate with a swim in the indoor pool. Sample fresh fare at one of our on-site restaurants, which offer Italian cuisine, seafood or pick up a healthy on-the-go breakfast from Yorktown Market. We offer 39,000 square feet of venue space, including an expansive ballroom - the largest in Lombard. In your down time, walk across the street from our hotel to Yorktown Center, visit Morton Arboretum or venture into Chicago and explore. Whatever the reason for your Lombard visit, we look forward to making it special.