The Front Desk Ambassador is responsible for kicking off the beginning of a guest’s exceptional stay by being the first point of contact, making the best impression, accommodating the requests and needs of the guest, and providing them excellent accommodations, a stage set by fellow team members.
- Contributes to the departmental and property monthly goals for guest satisfaction scores by doing the job right the first time and giving exemplary service that goes above and beyond guest expectations. This is Job One for all team members.
- Prepares for shift by counting the cash bank, checking Pass Down Log, reviewing arrivals and departures, VIPs, reviewing Daily Events in meeting rooms, and knowing hotel’s rooms available for the day.
- Manages the day-to-day responsibilities associated with accommodating guest’s arrivals, departures, and their needs during their stay at the hotel.
- Possesses complete knowledge of the OnQ Property Management System, as well as how to use all reception desk and office equipment, including phone, lock system, Quore, radios, printers, copiers, and scanners.
- Answers all incoming phone calls as quickly and professionally as possible using hotel answering script, eliminating, or minimizing hold times, and balancing the needs of guests that are present at the desk. Transfers calls properly and efficiently.
- Transmits and receive messages for any in-house guest, turning message waiting lights on and off.
- Greets and speaks to all guests, visitors, and neighbors that pass through the lobby with a smiling friendly manner, using their name whenever possible. Connect visitors and clients with the administrative or team member they came to see.
- Makes safety and security a top priority. Is completely trained in competent in all emergency procedures and be ready to take charge in an emergency. Is constantly aware of potential security threats and models If You See Something, Say Something by notifying the Manager on Duty or any other Manager. Stays knowledgeable of fire panel functions and location of gas and water shut offs.
- Masters the Quore quality optimization tool for requests, complaints, checklists, lost and found, managing ready-to-rent room, maintenance requests, mail and messages and key sign-out and sign-in. All requests must be fulfilled within the target time frame.
- Takes personal responsibility to rectify guest complaints to their satisfaction. Listen actively to the guest’s complaint or concern, tell them what you are going to do, and then follow through, entering the issue in Quore and taking personal responsibility to ensure the guest is satisfied with the outcome. Never let a guest leave unhappy.
- Passes on key information to future shifts using Quore logbook function.
- Completes all checklists as required in the Quore system.
- Performs bucket check with housekeeping at checkout time to make sure guests accounts are accurate, calling any guests who have not checked out.
- Processes late charges received at the Reception Desk after the guest has checked out.
- Knows all guest rooms, their locations, directions to them, room types, furniture and features, and appliances, as well as how to troubleshoot issues.
- Can check guests out in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner, processing payments and printing receipts as necessary. Make sure to inquire about the guest’s stay and move to rectify any issues. Make sure checkouts are recorded in Quore immediately.
Adjusts disputed guest charges, deciding whether to challenge the dispute, apologizing then a mistake has been made, making the correction or adjustment in the PMS and recording the incident in Quore.
- Receives and stores mail, packages, and luggage for arriving guests. Enters items into Quore.
- Actively participants in the Hotel’s recruiting program by welcoming in-person Applicants, engaging them, and helping them complete their application. Facilitates first interview with a Manager, conducting the screening interview when no one is available.
- Readies the hotel for arrivals each day by making sure due outs leave, reviewing arrivals reports, coordinating ready rooms, and managing the Digital Key digital check in process.
Can create, cancel, modify, and confirm reservations using suggestive selling techniques with good understanding of discounts and qualifications. Transfers reservations calls to Hilton RESMAX only after qualifying the reason for the call.
- Checks guests into the hotel using hotel protocols including guests with reservations, guests who claim to have a reservation, and guests without reservations (walk-in customers), making sure to:
- Establish a connection
- Recognize Honors status
- Attempt to upsell
- Establish payment
- Follow tax exempt procedures
- Issue card keys safely
- Inform guests about hotel services and amenities
- Gives special attention to VIPs, ensuring they are pre-registered. Have keys tested prior to the VIPs arrival. Notify outlets when VIP arrives. Have Manager on Duty escort VIP to his or her room.
- Handles room changes when a room is unsatisfactory for a guest, being understanding of their needs, and apologizing appropriately. Ensures that the used room is marked as dirty until it can be cleaned appropriately and inspected. Transfers all the guest’s information to the new account.
- Issues replacement room keys as necessary, checking that identification matches the guest name on the room. If it is not a person registered to the room, excuses self and summons manager.
- Is knowledgeable about all ADA procedures including, recording ADA guests in Quote for proper emergence handling, proper assignment of accessible rooms, greeting guests with service animals, and proper use of ADA equipment.
- Handles late checkout requests, granting them when possible, notifying housekeeping, and recording the granted requests in Quore. Diplomatically declines requests on days when it is not possible, also recording in Quore, and offering alternative such as luggage storage.
- Posts charges, adjustments, corrections, voids, and payments, documenting the transaction completely. Understands and can explain the Hilton Honors Daily Food Credit and applies to properly to departing guest’s accounts.
- Maintains assigned cash bank’s amount on hand, receiving payments and making change as necessary, and balancing at the end of your shift.
- Identifies leads for sales by surfacing information on guests’ companies and reasons to visit and communicate them to Sales using the specified method.
- Manages sellout situations following the appropriate checklist. Relocates guests only when necessary, doing everything to mitigate inconvenience. Diamond guests are never to be relocated unless there is an emergency, and all associated Honors protocols must be followed.
- Monitors usage of luggage carts, asking guests to return them to the front entrance vestibule after they are finished using them, or offering to send someone to retrieve them when they are finished. Track which guests carry them to their rooms so they can efficiently retrieved.
- Assists guests who need luggage assistance or calls another on-duty team member when alone at the reception desk.
- Follows proper procedures for handling tax exempt customers. Obtains and verifies all documentation for corresponding binder which will be audited regularly.
- Stays current on all Hilton Honors benefits, recognizes loyalty member guests as they check in using proper protocols, and offers to sign up any non-Honors guests.
- Receives guest calls regarding lost and found. Track, locate, and ship packages to guest.
- Runs high balance and credit card reports to monitor issues and secures credit card authorization.
- Takes requests for wake up calls and enters each accordingly.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services and area attractions.
- Asks guests about their stay, surfacing complaints proactively. Handles issues efficiently and courteously, listening carefully to the guest’s problem, taking immediate personal responsibility to resolve the issue to the guest’s satisfaction, utilizing Quore.
- Assists guests who need to utilize safe deposit boxes, recording their information and signatures, and allowing them to securely access their safe deposit box.
- Coordinates with Housekeeping on room statuses frequently throughout the day.
- Actively follows the status of scheduled groups and function calendar, pointing guests to their meeting rooms.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of hotel services, facilities, policies, room rates, area attractions, restaurants, and entertainment.
- Maintains the public space in the Looby and Library areas. Makes sure the television is on designated station and at appropriate volume levels. Make sure the MOOD music system is on correct channel and at right volume level. Maintains the printer station and assist guests with their print jobs.
- Assists hotel guests with checking out books from the Library, charging their room account properly, and crediting them if they return book before they depart. Assists neighbors with purchasing books. Restocks shelves, as necessary. Conducts book inventories as directed.
- Monitors The Shop, assisting customers with their choices and purchases. Fronts and restocks product regularly. Conducts inventory as required. Report any shoplifting attempts to the Manager on Duty.
- Monitor and request reorder of supplies for the Front Desk and Back Office.
- Delivers items to guestrooms as requested when not alone at the desk. Never leaves desk unattended. Checks for room service trays and bring to appointed area.
- Follows all OSHA/HAZCOM procedures, monitoring Lobby, Library and The Shop areas for spills, mopping when necessary, and putting out caution signs. Always is alert to hazards anywhere observed in the hotel and takes personal responsibility to ensure they are corrected.
- Keeps area behind Reception Desk and Back Office orderly, neat, and clean at all times.
- Close shift by printing necessary reports, recording cash count, and dropping deposit with a witness. Review and update logbook in Quore.
- Be familiar with all Brand Standards for Hilton Garden Inn.
- Maintains regular attendance in compliance with the hotel’s standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Wears appropriate brand required uniform and name tag during all scheduled shifts.
- Performs all other duties assigned from time to time.
- Detail oriented and thorough.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Active listening
- Service Oriented
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three months of related experience
- Prolonged periods standing and working at a computer screen.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds at a time.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.